Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Janome 4120 Question

Posted by calverttx (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 28, 12 at 17:53

I want to use one of the machine stiches to quilt in a 7/8" wide sash. Do I have to repeat it severaL times the length or is there a way to program the machine. If I have to repeat how do you line it up or maybe this is a bad idea.

I appreciated any and all help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Janome 4120 Question

If you can move the needle on your machine, you can try adjusting that way. On scrap fabric, practice where your needle is and where your raw edges line up on the machine. You can measure from your stitching line to the raw edges and make adjustments as necessary.

If you can't move your needle, you should have markings on the bed of your machine. Find the right marking and place the raw edges of your fabric along that mark while you sew. You can always do a test run here and double check the measurement before doing your project.

o

Does you Janome have a Memory where you can program your stitches? If you do all you have to do is program the pattern of stitches you wish to use and stitch. That is how mine works.

o

I have tried that. It seems to make the stiches longer and I need them wider. I just bought the machine on Friday and am trying to figure it out. The part I want to do is the inside border of a baby quilt. It is about 7/8" wide and 30" long. Since my old machined sewed only, this is a great experience BUT!!!!!!

Thank both of you for your help. I am determinrd to master machine quilting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here