Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Weekend quilting plans April 16-17

lindaoh_gw
13 years ago

Are you quilting this weekend? I will probably do some quilting since it is supposed to rain all weekend.I have another twister quilt started. It needs a border before I cut the twister blocks. What are your plans for the weekend?

Comments (14)

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Playing! in my sewing room - getting it reorganized with my new shelving made by my dear, dear hubby!! And then I'll sew:)

~Cindy

• msmeow
    13 years ago

I'm planning to quilt tomorrow. I have a top done that would make a small lap quilt; now I've decided to add another border to make it bigger and finish it for our niece's college graduation gift. I'm also planning to make a matching pillowcase.

Sunday we're involved with 3 major worship services for Palm Sunday, so we'll be at church from 7:30 am till 12;30 pm, singing in choir and ringing handbells. I suspect naps will be in order in the afternoon!

Donna

• polardream
    13 years ago

I worked on cleaning my sewing room today - now the chaos is somewhat organized. Tomorrow morning a friend & I are going to our local shop hop. Since there are only a couple shops here, several from around the state come to our fairgrounds so we only have to hop to one place! I'm hoping I'll get some actual quilting time in also!
    Sue

• mary_c_gw
    13 years ago

Hopefully finishing a binding this weekend. I also have a flip-flop quilt cut out (curved piecing) and I hope to get that moved along on Sunday.

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

A friend and I went to a Quilt Show today. We drove 2 1/2 hours expecting the show to start at 1pm but it didn't start until 4pm. So, we had to entertain ourselves so we went to fabric stores!! Got some great deals and had a very good time.
    DH, DS and I are going to an auction tomorrow morning. We are expecting rain for the weekend too so I will not be staying if it is raining too hard.
    I have a couple of blocks to make for monthly committments and would like to get some BOMs made for my guild. We introduce 1 block a month but have the draws at our annual meeting in June so I have a little time to get the done but don't like them hanging over my head. I also need to get my guild Outreach (charity) quilt finished for our May meeting. Next fall marks my guild's 20th anniversary so we are having a very large quilt show in Oct so need to get some quilts finished for that as well. I have lots of tops to get sandwiched and quilted!
    I am tired already just thinking about this list!

Mary

• nannykins
    13 years ago

Hi Mary!
    What is the name of your guild? And where will the show be held?
    And I was interested in knowing about your retreat earlier in March, where etc.
    Theresa

• grammyp
    13 years ago

We had bad storms all afternoon and night yesterday. Today is supposed to be much nicer. But while we were stranded in the basement, I washed and pressed fabric for 2 more baby quilts. I hope to start quilting on Sharon's quilt top, but I'll have the grands till 5 tomorrow, so we will see.

beverly

• nannykins
    13 years ago

Pouring rain today so rather than go shopping for new carpet, I opted to tidy the sewing space.
    And yesterday I finished putting the top together of those Wacky Pinwheels. It will join the other tops waiting to be finished. Is there anyone like me who prefers making the tops to finishing them???

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Rainy & windy here also - I am trying to get the binding finished on a quilt. I really, really should be cleaning my house!

• mary_c_gw
    13 years ago

If you're tired of your rain - send it here!! We're in a drought, and I'm smelling the smoke from wildfires in West Texas.

I want rain!

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

We also had bad storms today and were under a tornado warning for several hours....YIKES! That's when I make the round of all the windows, scanning the skies.

I did get in some sewing on the Flying Geese to Bali Bali quilt however. I've had some difficulty matching the geese blocks to the 4-patch blocks, but the first two rows managed to come together o.k.

Thursday night I got back my puzzle pieces from my Round Robin group. They did an amazing job! I can't wait to put it together.

It's 4 pm and time for my afternoon nap with the puppy on the sofa. I got up early today to take my car in for a 7 am oil change.

Teresa

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Theresa
    My Guild is the Halton Hills Quilters Guild. Our show will be held at the Croation Centre at the corner of Winston Churchill Blvd and 5 Sideroad (about 2k north of the 401) on Oct 14th and 15th.
    Our retreat (and we are having another in Nov) is held at Crieff Hills Retreat Centre. It is located south of Guelph and northeast of Cambridge out in the country. We had a great time. We sleep and sew in the same building and go to the dining hall for dinner. The food is fabulous and the whole weekend from 10am Friday to 2pm Sunday cost $200 including meals. There are 12 bedrooms that can sleep 4 or 5 people but we usually don't use all of the rooms and just have 2 people in each because in order to give each retreater their own table to sew on, we limit it 18 participants.

I also enjoy making the tops more than the finishing and cannot afford to send them all out to a longarm quilter.

Mary

• nannykins
    13 years ago

Thanks for the info Mary. I will pass it on to Marilyn also. Maybe we can take in the show.
    Theresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

I'm in Indiana so no quilting for me over the week-end. Had DD's 50th BD party Saturday (at least 67 attended -Salijo could be an event planner!) and Jaycie's baby dedication at church on Sunday with dinner afterwards. Then more family time.....had DH and all three of our girls together at the same time....it was awesome.

SharonG/FL

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH