Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pink brown dot baby quilt pics

Posted by rosajoe (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 1, 11 at 16:46

This is the fabric the young mother picked out, it is kinda cute lol!!!! I didn't have enough of the fabric to fussy cut, and it would have taken forever. She wanted girly and I think it is, not my choice but she loves it. I have made about 10 of these so I'm ready to do something else. Oh, the grandmother was not pleased that the baby was named Dorinda after a Disney show lol!!!
Rosa
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pink brown dot baby quilt pics

Adorable! I love the colors!!! You did a fantastic job, Rosa!
Grandma should be dancing in the streets that she has a healthy, baby grand daughter and you can tell her I said Get over over it! :)
Very girly and very pretty, and very hip looking!

o

I think it is just right for a little girl, very girly and pretty.
I agree Grandma should be glad for an healthy GD some of us arn't so lucky and names seem to find the right person in the end.
Great job. TFS. Jayne

o

This is great, Rosa. I can't imagine doing 10 of anything!

SharonG/FL

o

Great quilt! And I also can't imagine doing 10 of any one kind of quilt, but looks like you have perfected it.

Names of grandchildren is a hot topic amoung my friends. In the end it doesn't really matter, but you do have to wonder what the parents are thinking when they come up with a name that's unusual.

One of my friend's soon-to-be-born grandchild will be called Ginger if it's a girl. I happen to think that's a wonderful name and one you don't hear too often. She's not too kean on it but is wisely remaining silent on the matter with the parents.

Above all, everyone wants a healthy baby. Period.

o

Love it! I agree - girly, yet hip.

Hopefully the grandparents will come to love her name and they are happy.
My poor husband's parents thought it was wise to name him after both of the grandfathers ... Ovid Woodlief. Now there is a mouthful for a kid growing up! He's been called Tobey (also his grandfather Ovid's nickname) since the day he was born ... so why not just name him Tobey?
I will hope for a healthy grandchild when DS gets married -and will only speak up if he wants to name it after his dad's REAL name!
polardream/sue

o

Thanks everyone!!! It is funny about names and nick names!!! I never could understand why Pres Kennedy was named John and called Jack lol!!!! The young kids today are making new names by combining part of the father's name and the mother's name. At least I can pronounce Dorinda lol!!!!!!!
Rosa

o

And colours for babies are changing just as their names are. My daughter recently made a baby quilt using lime green and black. Mother's choice. I didn't see it but it turned out quite striking.

o

You do beautiful work! Thanks for sharing. :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

I love it!! I like adding the embroidery to the quilt!!

Robbi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here