Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackier123

Finally finished!

jackier123
10 years ago

Those of you at retreat last year may remember me working on this quilt...I finally finished it and got it back from the longarmer today. This is for my nephew and his wife...was supposed to be their wedding quilt. hahaha I am only 4 months late!

Jackie

Comments (31)

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Oh, I do remember you working on it. What a fabulous quilt! I don't think they will mind it being just a bit late, it is well worth the wait. Don't forget me, Aunt Jackie.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Jackie, It is elegant! You did an awesome job on it.

SharonG/FL

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

Yes I do remember that one. It is spectacular. Don't you feel good getting it done? Lucky kids to get a gift like that. Good job.

• petalpatsy
    10 years ago

It's lovely!

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Jackie, it's beautiful! Was it a kit?

Donna

• rosajoe_gw
    10 years ago

Jackie it is stunning!!! I don't think I could give it away. You need to borrow that one back and enter it in a quilt show.

Rosa

• jackier123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It was not a kit. I chose the fabrics but used a pattern by Judy Niemeyer. My husband wants to keep it but I had promised it to my nephew so I had better ship it before I can't give it up!

Jackie

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

I do remember you working on this and WOW! It's stunning...congratulations!!!
    V.

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

That turned out great, Jackie! I love your use and placement of values. They are a very lucky young couple!

• DianeCamille
    10 years ago

Absolutely beautiful!

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

What a treasure!! You have to be so proud of that one. I like blue and white quilts and your use of the blues is exciting. Congratulations on your thoughtful gift of love and comfort. TFS.]

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

It's a beautiful quilt! My Aunt made one and after talking with her I know how much work it is, so I have never attempted one. Yours looks so beautiful, congrats on finishing it!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• musicteacher
    10 years ago

It is beautiful. If they had to wait two years for a quilt like that it would be worth it!

• musicteacher
    10 years ago

It is beautiful. If they had to wait two years for a quilt like that it would be worth it!

• day2day
    10 years ago

It is gorgeous! You did a fantastic job. That is worth waiting for.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Yay Jackie~it is DONE! It is stunning, but I must say the fabrics you chose are much more vibrant in real life and this picture does not do justice to your hard work. Jackie & I were table mates at Retreat. She & I stayed up and sewed each night into the wee hours. She worked - non stop - on the same series and order of fabrics, methodically paper piecing, trimming-on to the next batch-over and over again-her identical stacks of crescents growing. Her persistence & dedication amazed me! And, she sewed this on a portable machine, (Kenmore maybe?)
    I am so happy you finally finished this quilt! I was afraid you would have to bring it again this year to work on~lol.

As Retreat tablemates, we were complete opposites. Jackie worked on this project only-neatly and contained, and I worked on 3 big projects, (don't want to get bored) all batiks and took up every inch of my space including the floor. For the record - none of mine are finished yet!

As I recall, most of these fabrics came from her stash. I knew this quilt was going to be gorgeous! And it is! They will LOVE it!

I would love to see some close up of the quilting and the applique if you have pics.

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Jackie, that is an amazingly beautiful quilt! The wedding ring pattern is very old, but your choice of colors and the appliqued flowers give it a modern twist that I love. You did a wonderful job.

• jackier123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posting some more photos. Hope you can see the wonderful quilting that my longarmer did.

Jackie

• jackier123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another

• Robbi D.
    10 years ago

Gorgeous!! And the quilter did a beautiful job. Love the feathers!

Robbi

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Thank you Jackie -- she did a beautiful job quilting your Masterpiece. You should be so pleased. I love her detail around the applique - and of course her feathers are gorgeous. She is very talented.

• calliope
    10 years ago

Oh my! Looks like beautiful,antique delft china. The flowers of the border are inspired........set off the geometry of the wedding rings perfectly. It shall be one treasured heirloom.

• Vanislegirl88
    10 years ago

How beautiful!! I'm sure they will love it.

• chickie1
    10 years ago

You did a great job! I love this pattern and wish I had the patience to do it. Your nephew & wife will love it.

• kiendu
    10 years ago

This is absolutely gorgeous! I would never have the patience, or the ability to do something like this. It's quilts like these that humble me... makes me realize I'm such a novice.. and so many of you are true artists!

Stunning.

• teresa_nc7
    10 years ago

Awesome! I remember seeing those stacks of blue on your work area. This turned out to be spectacular! And the quilting is stunning as well.

This one is worth waiting for!

Teresa

• Robbi D.
    10 years ago

I bet it is hard to give away, too?

Robbi

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Really worth the wait I'd say! Beautiful. What a lucky couple.
    LindaB/CA

• maritime_linda
    10 years ago

Triple Wows to you ! I have always loved the double wedding ring pattern, but am used to seeing it with the more traditional scrappy or vintage look. I love your take on it. Most young couples, I think, do not have the love of the patchwork look, but this has such a planned, modern look about it, yet still looks cozy and charming with the carefree floral appliques. The blues are just beautiful and blend rather than stand out individually. I can just see this quilt looking so spectacular on the bed. I am sure they will love it and be the envy of all their friends.

LindaS.

• lola99
    10 years ago

Wow Jackie, your quilt is really stunning! I love the combination of your applique with the DWR. When saw the first picture I thought you used solids, but I see that you used subtle prints - very nice. Your quilter also did a very nice job. What a wonderful gift.

• tuppermom
    10 years ago

Beautiful and well worth the wait!

Maryv