Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
littlehelen_gw

Proud new FW mama

littlehelen_gw
11 years ago

I'm so excited...I pick up a 221-1 Singer Featherweight today in great condition. It sews like a dream and from my eye ball is in excellent condition...not pristine, it was used / loved by it's owner who passed about 15 years ago. The current seller stated she never used it, tried to figure it out, and decided against it as she was afraid she'd break something, It sews REALLY nice...can't get over what a pleasure it is to operate. It came w/ all the attachments, the original carrying case, instruction manual, power cord, bobbin case, and bobbin.
I do owe a big thanks to MagathoyRiverGirl, Marsha! She saw it on Craigs list and knew the seller was in my general area. She sent me the link and well the rest is history. I;m couldn't be more pleased! Say hello to aimee...!

Comments (14)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Valarie, Lucky lucky you!! That Marsha looks out for us, doesn't she? Will Aimee be attending retreat this year???

SharonG/FL

• polardream
    11 years ago

Lucky you! It does look to be in good condition. I am enjoying mine, I am sure you will, too.

Sue

• calliope
    11 years ago

Happy for you!

• colleenny
    11 years ago

Good luck with your new baby. Collen

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

I am really happy it worked out for you! I hoped she would be sweet, and the seller wouldn't waste your time.
    I really have to STOP looking at Craigslist! I've passed up 3 FW's this week! I DO NOT need another sewing machine - no matter how cute it is!! I just finished restoring a 301 (called the FW's big sister) and we have been bonding today.
    Enjoy!

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Congratulations!! It will be a great addition to your collection. Always a lot of fun to have new toy. TFS

• redmary
    11 years ago

Wow! It looks great. I know you will enjoy using it.

• grammyp
    11 years ago

She is lovely! Marsha needs to operate a FW rescue center. She can really find some good deals. Marsha, I would be willing to rescue one more if you find one in my neck of the woods. Both grands are enjoying sewing now.

beverly

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sharon...not sure if aimee will be attending the retreat this year...i will, but it may depend on what I'm working on at the time..but either sylvia or aimee will be in attendance.

Beverly...this was my first purchase from craigslist and it was very smooth. I took my cues from the more experienced Marsha!

V.

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Congrats, Val! It's a beauty and I know you'll be happy with it.

And 'Good job, Marsha!' What an awesome find!

• vacuumfreak
    11 years ago

Wow, that is wonderful! HI, Aimee :o) She's quite a looker and I"m glad you're so happy with her performance.

I check C/L virtually every day for sewing machines, and I really need to stop too! LOL I've promised myself that once I get the Bernina or Viking SE that I am looking for, I'm going to quit looking at sewing machines for a very long time!

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

I'm so happy that Aimee has a home with you, V! I love to hear mine ching-chinging along when I sew with my Gracie.

Marsha, you are a love to enable us - LOL!

Teresa

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

Beautiful!! I just looked and their is one on our local Craigslist. I had the money and room to put one.....

Robbi

• calliope
    11 years ago

I have a 301, Marsha, my mother picked up at an auction. I have cleaned it up, but it needs work. We had a local sewing machine shop, but after having been here for decades, closed shop just when I decided to use it.