Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

Lotto blocks used - Flyfoot

K8Orlando
9 years ago

I'm so happy with the lotto blocks I won for the March 2014 Lotto! I immediately used 15 of them in a lap quilt for a friend who has dialysis 3 times a week. I'm hoping the sky blue colors help mentally transport her to the outside while she's stuck inside for all those hours every week.

It's nothing fancy; just the blocks put together with no sashing.

Thanks again to all who contribute to the lotto! I have a few blocks left over too!

Comments (18)

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Looks very nice. When you do that outline stitching in the light areas, do you stop and start and then knot or do you do tiny stitches to lock.
    Theresa

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tiny stitches. I run the end back over the start for a few tiny stitches.

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Wow...it really turned out nice...just lovely!!! love that backing fabric with these blocks...perfect choice!

V.

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Beautiful, Kate! I love the calm colors, and the backing is perfect. Your friend will love it!

Donna

• loisflan
    9 years ago

You did a great job, Kate. Your friend will cherish her quilt. The large print on the back is a perfect juxtaposition to the quiet blue and white flyfoot blocks. Very pretty.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

You did a great job in putting these blocks together and quilting them, Kate. It should be a great comfort to your friend.

SharonG/FL

• bev2009
    9 years ago

The quilt does have a calming feeling to it. Thanks for showing the quilting. I like the flower quilting. I'm so impressed you got it done so quickly.

• polardream
    9 years ago

Kate, It came together beautifully! I love your quilting. I was struggling with how to quilt a baby quilt and your "flower" clicked a lightbulb on and now I have an idea!

Sue

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

Pretty! So happy you won the Lotto again--this is the perfect block and calming colors for a recovery quilt for your friend.
    This quilt will definitely lift her spirits.

• MiMi
    9 years ago

That is just lovely!....

• day2day
    9 years ago

That turned out great.
    Love the "feel" of this quilt. Very soothing.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you , all. I appreciate the comments. It's funny that sometimes the most simple things we do bring us the most satisfaction. I like the feel of this quilt too and agree it is soothing and calming. A friend on facebook said it was 'like a sweet breeze'. Nice.

Quilters appreciate more complicated blocks, clever designs and even 'challenging colors' but the recipients of our quilts often just want them to be pretty and soft.

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

I think it turned out really well Kate, the colors are quite calming.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• Robbi D.
    9 years ago

I really like that pattern! And love your quilting :-) I know your dialysis friend will love it.

Robbi

• beth7happy
    9 years ago

Beautiful!!

• rosajoe_gw
    9 years ago

It is gorgeous! The backing is beautiful and perfect for the top. I'm sure she will love it.
    Rosa

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Follow-up:

She received the quilt and it was a huge surprise for her. She loved it!

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

It's beautiful all around. I love the backing choice and your quilting complements it just right!
    LindaB/CA