Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lotto blocks used - Flyfoot

Posted by k8orlando (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 16:14

I'm so happy with the lotto blocks I won for the March 2014 Lotto! I immediately used 15 of them in a lap quilt for a friend who has dialysis 3 times a week. I'm hoping the sky blue colors help mentally transport her to the outside while she's stuck inside for all those hours every week.

It's nothing fancy; just the blocks put together with no sashing.

Thanks again to all who contribute to the lotto! I have a few blocks left over too!

photo photo1_zpsaa7a79ce.jpg

photo photo_zps11984ca4.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lotto blocks used - Flyfoot

Looks very nice. When you do that outline stitching in the light areas, do you stop and start and then knot or do you do tiny stitches to lock.
Theresa

o

Tiny stitches. I run the end back over the start for a few tiny stitches.

o

Wow...it really turned out nice...just lovely!!! love that backing fabric with these blocks...perfect choice!

V.

o

Beautiful, Kate! I love the calm colors, and the backing is perfect. Your friend will love it!

Donna

o

You did a great job, Kate. Your friend will cherish her quilt. The large print on the back is a perfect juxtaposition to the quiet blue and white flyfoot blocks. Very pretty.

o

You did a great job in putting these blocks together and quilting them, Kate. It should be a great comfort to your friend.

SharonG/FL

o

The quilt does have a calming feeling to it. Thanks for showing the quilting. I like the flower quilting. I'm so impressed you got it done so quickly.

o

Kate, It came together beautifully! I love your quilting. I was struggling with how to quilt a baby quilt and your "flower" clicked a lightbulb on and now I have an idea!

Sue

o

Pretty! So happy you won the Lotto again--this is the perfect block and calming colors for a recovery quilt for your friend.
This quilt will definitely lift her spirits.

o

That is just lovely!....

o

That turned out great.
Love the "feel" of this quilt. Very soothing.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Thank you , all. I appreciate the comments. It's funny that sometimes the most simple things we do bring us the most satisfaction. I like the feel of this quilt too and agree it is soothing and calming. A friend on facebook said it was 'like a sweet breeze'. Nice.

Quilters appreciate more complicated blocks, clever designs and even 'challenging colors' but the recipients of our quilts often just want them to be pretty and soft.

o

I think it turned out really well Kate, the colors are quite calming.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

I really like that pattern! And love your quilting :-) I know your dialysis friend will love it.

Robbi

o

Beautiful!!

o

It is gorgeous! The backing is beautiful and perfect for the top. I'm sure she will love it.
Rosa

o

Follow-up:

She received the quilt and it was a huge surprise for her. She loved it!

o

It's beautiful all around. I love the backing choice and your quilting complements it just right!
LindaB/CA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here