Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanajayne

Progress is made.

nanajayne
12 years ago

I am feeling good today with the knowledge that I have finished quilting the 140 blockes of my Sylvia's Bridal Quilt. Ofcourse there is a lot to do yet but those blocks have been a challenge. Now to sew between the rows and hand quilt the border. We are vacationing at the end of the month and hope to be able to do the border then. I am giving it to my DD for her 60th BD in July and will be glad to say goodbye to Sylvia.

Comments (14)

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

What a wonderful milestone!! Can't wait to see it all finished in it's glory!!

• nannykins
    12 years ago

Oh wow! An awesome job!
    Theresa

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

I would have a hard time giving the beauty away! Unless it was to my mom and one sister who puts them in the closet and only brings them out to show them off lol!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing it completed too!!!
    Rosa

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Sounds great, Jayne! I know this has been a long term project for you. Don't forget pictures!

Donna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Wowzers, Jayne! You must feel like a load has been lifted and you can stand up straight again. ConGratz!!!!

SharonG/FL

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

Congratulations Jayne! I have about 45 blocks done on mine and feel that it will always be a work in progress. Can't wait to see pictures!

Mary

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Yay Jayne! Please post a picture of your progress. I saw a label on the internet today that stated the Date of the first stitch & the Date of the last stitch...... it was very touching how long this person worked on her quilt, which was a gift. You should indicate this for your daughter! And, she is incredibly lucky to receive a beautiful quilt for her 60th birthday made by her Mom~~~I'm jealous - in a good way for her :~)
    Have a great vacation.

• nanajayne
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone for celebrating with me. I started the quilting Jan. 5th and hoped to finish the blocks by my BD May 4th. (Wanted to make sure that part was finished before I had to renew the contract)lol. So I am a bit a head of schedule. There is still lots to do but that was the most difficult because the blocks are so small and have some very thick areas to deal with. I broke 6 needles along the way trying to push them thru.
    Marsha I like the idea for dating but not sure when I began piecing the blocks but I got the book last year for my BD.

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

If you do a search of "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler" at the bottom of the Quilting Forum page, you could probably figure out a date pretty close to when you started.

Mary

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

That is awesome!! I'm sure you dd will love such a work of art. I am curious, did you quilt each square with a different pattern, like to echo the pattern of each block? I'm asking because I'm thinking ahead on my Dear Jane quilt and wondering how I am going to quilt it when I ever get to that point! I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures, too :-)

Robbi

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Jayne,
    I first read about you doing SBS when you posted in Sept 2010 that you had about 40 blocks done. I didn't know anything about the quilt at that time and looked it up. I was overwhelmed with the size of the project!!! Congrats on getting all 140 done! Like everyone else, I can hardly wait to see it!

Kate

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Dec 4, 2009 ~ read the beginning. I think you started it right after that.

Definitely date the The First Stitch! And the last Stitch!

I will try to find that label I saw for you.

I am so happy for you!

Here is a link that might be useful: SBQ Discussion

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

To keep this all together - the link below is the pic of Jayne's Sylvia's Bridal Quilt when she finished piecing the top.
    I am so proud of her!

Here is a link that might be useful: Jayne's SBQ Pic

• barbara_l
    12 years ago

Oh my gosh! How beautiful is that?
    You can really be proud of this piece of quilting art.

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living