Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Possibly certifiable...

Posted by mary_c (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 3, 12 at 15:55

I just bought 24 yards of fabric on line from Connecting Threads. I actually wasn't going to buy THAT MUCH, but DH was looking over my shoulder, and saying - "Oh, I like that one too!" Can we all say "Enabler"? LOL

Actually, everything I bought were brights in child friendly polka dots and scribble prints. I bought cuts large enough to give at least one small quilt back, plus enough for use in patchwork.

I enjoy making quilts for the "Quilts for Kids" organization - I get a kit from them to make, and then I send that quilt plus one from my stash. I do go through this type of fabric pretty quickly.

But the biggest reason I bought so much: $2.48 per yard!!
And the last yard was to tip me into the free shipping price point.

These are the clearance fabrics, of course, so click on that link at the top of the page if you want to take a look.

Here is a link that might be useful: Connecting Threads

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Possibly certifiable...

OK... now one thing you really need to be careful about and remember is ..... don't go nuts on their sales, you may not have enough room for storing all that wonderful stuff!!

o

Mary, Talk about enablers!!! lololol

SharonG/FL

o

Go girl! Those were fabrics I have in projects now and paid full price for. Real bargains and a great find for doing charity quilts.

o

WOW!!!

I'm not sure which is more 'wow': 24 yards of fabric or $2.48/yd!

o

OMG!!!!! Good thing I'm across the border and can't drive nor afford a flight.....otherwise the mortgage would go unpaid for the next 12 years.......LOL!

o

How fun for you ... but you REALLY didn't need to share that link! I'm in trouble now!
Sue/polardream

o

I've never ordered from Connecting Threads. Are they their own line of fabric? How does it compare with quilt shops, etc.? Obviously you must like it for 24 yards!

o

I waited to reply until the fabric arrived.

Yes, Connecting Threads designs their own lines of fabrics. They have groupings of coordinates which they sell together in collections, but they will always cut yardage from any individual fabric. They don't keep their collections around very long, and put things on clearance frequently.

I've been very pleased with the quality of the prints, but I believe one forum member wasn't completely pleased with the batiks they sell. I personally haven't used their batiks, so I can't speak to that.

I bought these from the clearance area on the website. I make many bright, loud quilts, and this yardage will keep me going for a good many months.

3-yard cuts (good for 2 small backs, plus some strips for tops):
Photobucket

2-yard cuts (one back, plus lots for top piecing and bindings):
Photobucket

1-yard cuts (for tops):
Photobucket

o

teehee....I think I got some of those same fabrics. But I mostly ordered 1 yd pieces. We'll be looking forward to seeing some bright quilts.

SharonG/FL

o

What a bundle!!! Great colors! Yummy!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here