Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quiltingfox

Quilt in a Day tv show

quiltingfox
11 years ago

My F-I-L happened across a quilt show on tv and told me about. I watched it today. It is "Quilt in a Day" hosted by Eleanor Burns on RFDTV, if you have DISH it is channel 231. I really enjoyed watching her show and will be recording more of them in the future. They also mentioned 2 web links related to the show which I will post below. Has any one else been watching her show?

Best to you,
Sandra

Here is a link that might be useful: Quilt in a Day tv show

Comments (14)

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is the other web link.

Best to you,
    Sandra

Here is a link that might be useful: Eleanor Burns website

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

We have been getting her show off and on for sometime. It now is posted on Sat. and I tape them. Georgia Bonesteal also broadcasts her show once a week now but they are all repeats. I always enjoy watching them even if I have seen them before..

• minnie_tx
    11 years ago

I've watched both of them for years and taped many shows I didn't know they were back on thanks I'll check out the links

• new2quilting
    11 years ago

I tape Quilt in a Day, Fons And Porters' Love of Quilting, and Quilting Arts, which is a modern quilting show. I'm enjoying Quilting Arts and learning about modern techniques, but also find the traditional quilting history is interesting, too. Sewing with Nancy also has quilting sometimes.

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

We have started to get Quilting Arts but I find that it is hardly worth my time. Also get Sewing with Nancy. Been watching her off and on for years. Worth while..

• coosavalleyquilter
    11 years ago

I've watched QIAD for years, but would like to know if Georgia Bonesteel's show is available in my area. Any info would be appreciated.

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nanajayne what is the name of Georgia Bonesteal's show and what channel is on, do you know what day(s) of the week and times it comes on? New2quilting when do the quilt shows you watch come on tv and what channels are they on? I would love to watch more quilting shows.

Best to you and thanks bunches,
    Sandra

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

I am not sure of the name. I always thing of it as Georgia Bonesteel's show. It is on our Public Broadcasting network. and as they are local not sure they would be the same as yours. My DH records the shows for me but I think they are broad cast around 6am and noon. We don't use cable so don't have that info. The PBS alternates the quilting shows in the morning and have shows Sat afternoon about 3 I think.

• minnie_tx
    11 years ago

I think Georgia has always been on PBS staions watched her for about 25 years HGTV used to have good sewing and quilt shows I say USED too.

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

When we lived in Central Florida I had about 4 shows to watch. Retired and moved to rural Georgia (where you would think there would more interest) they only had old QIAD and they played them over and over......

I paid more to get in a package that aired them, and then they were dropped! I'll have to check to see what we have now.
    Rosa

• bee0hio
    11 years ago

The PBS station I watch has Fons & Porter on every day@ noonish,also Sewing w/ Nancy, and a new one I've been catching It's Sew Easy.... It isn't totally quilting but other sewing related with lots of good ideas and tips etc.
    this is one of those "extra" PBS stations. Sooo check your PBS feed & perhaps do a search. It's Sew Easy has there tv shows online available too i think.

Here is a link that might be useful: It's Sew Easy

• minnie_tx
    11 years ago

thanks for posting that link

• bev2009
    11 years ago

I did a quick google on Georgia Bonesteal and found her show is called Lap Quilting with Georgia Bonesteal. She is on Create and PBS. You can search the Create website for your zip and find her schedule. The same for your local PBS. I'll try and catch it tomorrow at 11 am. I've never seen her.

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for sharing the info on the quilt shows you watch. My brother emailed me about Sewing with Nancy and a second embroidery type show that comes on LPB - my local PBS I think on Saturday and there is another that comes on Mondays around 9am, but I missed that one today. It is nice to know that there are so many quilting shows on tv and online, they may be reruns, but they are new to me as I have not seen them. Thank you all.

Best to you,
    Sandra

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County