Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coalaska

post your *april* ufo-no-mo here

coalaska
16 years ago

Thanks, laurainsdca, for the name modification ;)

Post pics here of any project that you started and--for whatever reason--didn't finish, but you complete in the month of April.

Here we go!

Comments (12)

• coalaska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

yippee!
    my first ufo of April. Started in 1997(?) JoAnn blocks of the month. It's small, but I didn't buy the extra fabric when it was available, so had to make do with the scraps a kind shopper (in the Soldotna, AK JoAnn's) gave me about 5 years ago, and some white/stars.

{{!gwi}}

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Great job getting your ufo done! That is a long time to hang onto a ufo, kudos to you for sticking to it.

I am putting the binding on my king size quilt and will post when I get it done, that is, if my fingers don't fall off first!

Rebecca

• crafteedee
    16 years ago

coalaska...very nice quilt! The colors remind me of winter. Was the BOM pattern snowflakes or stars?

• coalaska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Rebecca and Darla :)

The BOM was of stars. The colors are very wintry, though, aren't they? They're also the colors of the high school I attended ;)

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Yahoo! I'm done!

I didn't want to drag it out onto the deck to get a pic of the whole quilt so I just wanted to show you the quilting. The LA quilter did a great job! She charged .01 a square inch, and it came up a total of $96 to quilt it and it was well worth it. The quiting pattern is called classy curls.

close up

• coalaska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Rebecca, that is so nice! Great quilting on a beautiful quilt :) I agree that it was worth the price to have it quilted--that's a lot of quilt! And so beautiful. Will you use it on your bed?

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Thanks coalaska! Yes, it will go on my bed. I have reached one of my goals that I set over 2 years ago...to put a quilt on each bed in my home.

Rebecca

• damascusannie
    16 years ago

Nice quilt! What perfect points! The quilting was a bargain at $96.00.

Annie

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

I started this quilt as a log cabing 4 years ago. I didn't like the material combo so I sewed the logs into a scrappy block.
    I didn't like that either so it stayed in the closet until March, then I decided to try some star blocks and played with machine embroidery on quilts. I can't bring myself to waste material so I decided to use turn the scrappy blocks into the border.
    Now I am going to get serious with MQ. Annie's quilts have inspired me try again. My DM loves the quilt, but if I give it to her she will just put in in th closet with the others LOL.
    Rosa
    {{!gwi}}

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    16 years ago

You girls are putting me to shame! I think when I get home I want to finish the GFG...someone remind me in July.
    You're all doing a great job on those UFO's!!

SharonG/FL-cold snowy MN

• damascusannie
    16 years ago

Sharon--where in MN are you? I'm originally from Mankato, but live in west-central Wisconsin now and it's cold and snowy here, too. Good day for quilting!

Annie

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    16 years ago

Annie, I'm northwest of MPLS...Albertville. I plan to be here for another week, then my trek takes me to Indiana (Warsaw) for a couple months (I plan to be in MI the first couple weeks of June unless something changes).

SharonG/FL-MN

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012