Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanajayne

Some of my recent things

nanajayne
12 years ago

These have been put together recently;

Myuglyquilt20121.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

The #1 is my UGLY that defines why many people don't like scrap quilts + other issues

#2 is my recent Mini that was inspired by all the beautiful one' that have been shown.

#3 is an Amish mini I did a long time ago and I dug out of the "Good will" bin.

Comments (15)

• calliope
    12 years ago

I don't know why you would ever call the scrap quilt ugly. It's right up my alley and I love it.

• maritime_linda
    12 years ago

Oh my, I agree with Calliope. Far from ugly,the scrap quilt is "BEE-YOU-TEE-FUL"! The pattern lines are distinct and the positioning of all royal blue blocks adds punch. I am a big-time fan of scrappy and I really do think this is very pretty! :-) Love the braid too, another favourite and one I'd like to do.

• barbara_l
    12 years ago

I like the 'ugly' quilt as well...

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

ME TOO!!! When I saw it I said WOW!
    When I first started quilting I did not care for scrappy but I love it now.
    Rosa

• User
    12 years ago

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Your version of ugly is my version of cuddling up in and napping on the couch. I love it too.

You've been one busy gal.
    Cheers,
    Peggy

• digger
    12 years ago

If your 'ugly' needs a home I'll gladly pay for shipping - I love it...everything about it SCREAMS, I need to live at Digger's house~

Digger - aka Marie in Michigan

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Jayne, I like the quilt you think is ugly, too. Is there a pattern for it? I've recently come into possession of a box of 2 1/2" squares and this strikes my fancy.

SharonG/FL

• bev2009
    12 years ago

My first thought was "If that is considered ugly, I must have horrible taste." I think it is beautiful and agree, I would love to cuddle up with it.

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Jayne, I like all your projects! That braid looks really tiny...is it machine pieced? I like the scrappy one, too. It looks like you planned the layout well. And I love the colors in the Amish one!

Donna

• User
    12 years ago

I love your scrap quilt! Just the right quilt to curl up under and read a good book. :-)

Best to you,
    Sandra

• polardream
    12 years ago

I think you did a great job on these Jayne! I have a hard time with giving up control to make a scrappy quilt, but I really like it.
    Sue

• luvtosharedivs
    12 years ago

It's amazing what you can do with the simple square.

I love scrappy, and I love the arrangement of lights and darks.

There is a wonderful diamond pattern that is eye catching!

The braid is also on my "To Do" list.

TFS

Julie

• nanajayne
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I appreciate your comments. I really like scrappy quilts a lot but I have issues with My ugly and some of the fabric I used. There is a major mistake that I decided not to correct as I already had the borders on and about to sandwich when I noticed it.
    Sharon the pattern came from More Nickel Quilts and is called Streak of Lightening. The blocks are:(1) 4 1/2x 2 1/2" pc. with (2) 2 1/2" pcs.. On one block the long pc. is dark and the other block the long pc. is light. Does that make any sence?
    The braid is pieced on a wash away foundation. The strips a 1/4". It measure 11x 12.5". I had planned on making it a year or so ago but my interest was stimulated with all the beautiful ones people were showing recently.
    The Amish picture has a wooden frame and the blocks are 4".
    Ugly doesn't have a home yet, I will keep you in mind digger.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Yes, it makes sense, Jayne. Thank you.....I'll probably draw it out.

SharonG/FL

• day2day
    12 years ago

Your quilting projects are great.
    I like the scrappy.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets