Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ideas for small projects to do

Posted by finchelover (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 13:54

I am just in the mood to do small projects, like table runners etc so does anyone else have ideas I can make while I am in this moood. Hand embroidery can be included

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ideas for small projects to do

Hi,

"mug mat" for hot drinks. Excellent way to use scraps and you can dolly them up any way you like. Google 'mug mat'. Usually big enough for a mug and a sandwich or cookies.

Can even make them to match your favourite mug/tea cups.

Can frill them up, embroider sayings, fork and plate outline - go wild!

o

placemats, potholders, T towels, tea cozy, bed runner.

o

mini quilts! Take your favorite block and downsize it! Even a snowball block done small can be a cute mini quilt!

Christmas ornaments~ Think mini potholder

Pins~ think super mini mug rug with a pin sewn to the back

o

This is a pic of a gift my Quilting teacher gave each of us way back when the pic is a little dark. the finished yoyo's are size of a half dollar
A good way to use up those scraps too

Here is a link that might be useful: yo yo ornament

o

Hi again,

I hope you'll post some pics or tell us what project(s) you get into. I'm nosy.

Have a lovely day,
Peggy

o

Pin cushion! There are so many adorable pin cushions you can make. Like this cute owl: Owl Pin Cushion

Kate

o

I made a lot of table runners one year.....easy pattern and to make seasonal.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Then there are the dish towels and tissue holders
Photobucket

SharonG/FL

o

Pillow...

Make a favorite block, add a border or two or more, (depending on what size pillow you want,) add batting and a muslin backing. Make a different block pattern for the other side of the pillow. Stuff with poly fil.

Julie

o

thanks all: I saw a design for mug mat and also I guess you call them "wrap" for ones cold drinks or glasses but what do they line it with to absorb the moisture. I/ve been outside alot right now but when it rains again I want some small projects.

o

don't forget about the Bowl Potholders for the microwave! We discussed them a few days ago and they are a quick and easy project and extremely useful as well. No more burned fingers is always a good thing!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here