Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are you quilting this Easter weekend?

Posted by lindaoh (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 23, 11 at 13:46

I'm not planning to do any sewing. My kids are home for the weekend.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are you quilting this Easter weekend?

I was hoping to work on quilting a top, even if for a few minutes. It is detailed, and thread color changes and what was I think????, not to mention that it makes me feel like I am going blind trying to see the stitching~LOL.

I have been dealing with a dishwasher and refrigerator (not)delivery and installation --count-- for 3 days---I feel too frustrated to sew. DW is sitting in my living room!

o

Another binding, this one on a baby quilt that has been sitting for a year. Oh, well, no baby to give it to, LOL. But I don't like things waiting that long for completion.

o

With company for Easter dinner and new puppy and gardening before it gets so hot, who knows when I'll get back to it. When it gets up in the 90's here every day, don't worry, I'll be spending more time in the air-conditioning at the sewing machine. Gotta take advantage of the cooler weather while I can, but I'm wondering if I'll EVER catch up to the weeding, planting, etc.

o

none for me,my daughter & husband just left to go back to their home in Wichita and in morning after going to early Easter Mass we will leave immediately to Wichita to visit with several children and their families and one who are passing thru on their to employment move to New Mex. So until late monday or Tues we will just relax and enjoy our families. Have a Joyous Easter

o

I am a middle of the night sewer this days! I have had a nasty virus this past week and everytime I lay down, I start to cough. There is no point trying to sleep and keeping DH awake so I get up and sew. I have a workshop on Tuesday (if I feel well enough) on Kaffe Fassett's "Mossy Radiance" We were instructed to cut 2 1/2" strips and sew them into strata of 11"wide, 16" wide and 26"wide. I am working on the largest strata
....52 strips, 26" wide. The other 2 were also sewn in the middle of the night. Hopefully this is all the sewing I will do this weekend....I need sleep!

o

Not a big possibility as it is one of my GGsons BD and Easter. Expect a few to show of Easter Egg hunt and BD cake as well as FOOD. lol. Happy Easter. Jayne

o

Maybe tonight after all the weekend activities start to come to a close. DS & his girlfriend, along with neighbors will be coming for dinner about 4:30. Church this morning, then walked the dogs, got salad & dessert done, twice baked potatoes are ready to put back in the oven, and the prime rib is waiting to go in ... yummy!

I really want to sandwich a small quilt for son's girlfriend for her birthday in May ... we'll see.

Happy Easter all!
Sue

o

I didn't quilt but I did wash the backings for some of my UFO's, and I did mail off some Lotto blocks. Does that count???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here