Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this Easter weekend?

lindaoh_gw
12 years ago

I'm not planning to do any sewing. My kids are home for the weekend.

Comments (8)

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

I was hoping to work on quilting a top, even if for a few minutes. It is detailed, and thread color changes and what was I think????, not to mention that it makes me feel like I am going blind trying to see the stitching~LOL.

I have been dealing with a dishwasher and refrigerator (not)delivery and installation --count-- for 3 days---I feel too frustrated to sew. DW is sitting in my living room!

• mary_c_gw
    12 years ago

Another binding, this one on a baby quilt that has been sitting for a year. Oh, well, no baby to give it to, LOL. But I don't like things waiting that long for completion.

• ritaweeda
    12 years ago

With company for Easter dinner and new puppy and gardening before it gets so hot, who knows when I'll get back to it. When it gets up in the 90's here every day, don't worry, I'll be spending more time in the air-conditioning at the sewing machine. Gotta take advantage of the cooler weather while I can, but I'm wondering if I'll EVER catch up to the weeding, planting, etc.

• finchelover
    12 years ago

none for me,my daughter & husband just left to go back to their home in Wichita and in morning after going to early Easter Mass we will leave immediately to Wichita to visit with several children and their families and one who are passing thru on their to employment move to New Mex. So until late monday or Tues we will just relax and enjoy our families. Have a Joyous Easter

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

I am a middle of the night sewer this days! I have had a nasty virus this past week and everytime I lay down, I start to cough. There is no point trying to sleep and keeping DH awake so I get up and sew. I have a workshop on Tuesday (if I feel well enough) on Kaffe Fassett's "Mossy Radiance" We were instructed to cut 2 1/2" strips and sew them into strata of 11"wide, 16" wide and 26"wide. I am working on the largest strata
    ....52 strips, 26" wide. The other 2 were also sewn in the middle of the night. Hopefully this is all the sewing I will do this weekend....I need sleep!

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Not a big possibility as it is one of my GGsons BD and Easter. Expect a few to show of Easter Egg hunt and BD cake as well as FOOD. lol. Happy Easter. Jayne

• polardream
    12 years ago

Maybe tonight after all the weekend activities start to come to a close. DS & his girlfriend, along with neighbors will be coming for dinner about 4:30. Church this morning, then walked the dogs, got salad & dessert done, twice baked potatoes are ready to put back in the oven, and the prime rib is waiting to go in ... yummy!

I really want to sandwich a small quilt for son's girlfriend for her birthday in May ... we'll see.

Happy Easter all!
    Sue

• nannykins
    12 years ago

I didn't quilt but I did wash the backings for some of my UFO's, and I did mail off some Lotto blocks. Does that count???