Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackier123

Finally Done!

jackier123
9 years ago

I finally have finished my Celtic Solstice. It is in the washer now. When it is dry, I will call my cousin and ask her to come over. She don't know it but it is a gift for her.

Comments (18)

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Oooohhhh MY...WOW....It's beautiful!!! Well Done Jackie...I'm sure your cousin will love it!

I do like this design...glad I downloaded the directions for some future day.

V.

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

I think it's a beautiful quilt! I love hope vibrant and colorful it is.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• ltlfromgardenweb
    9 years ago

Wow! Some tiny piecing in there. That must've taken you a long time. Beautiful!!

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Beautiful!
    Theresa

• polardream
    9 years ago

Really beautiful! If your cousin doesn't like it I know someone in Colorado that would love it! (me, me, me!!!)

Sue

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Absolutely stunning! One of these years I have to try Bonnie's project - this quilt makes me want to give it a try. You did a beautiful job and your cousin will be thrilled!

Kate

• jackier123
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well the quilt is gone. My cousin saw this quilt the day I loaded it on the frame and her eyes just lit up. I have always heard that if someone's eyes light up at your project, then that person should be the one to gift it to. So I called her and told her to come over that I had made smoked turkey salad and had some for her. She cried when she found out I was giving her the quilt. Of course she took the turkey salad too. LOL When I smoke a turkey she and her sister seem to just come visit all of a sudden. It is like they can smell it from home.

Bonnie's patterns and mysteries are really easy. She breaks them up into doable steps.

• grammyp
    9 years ago

Great quilt! Glad I downloaded it, too.

beverly

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Lovely, Jackie! I'm sure your cousin will treasure it.

I made a quilt several years ago from blocks I won at a guild meeting. They we're fall colors, which I really don't like. I was showing it off at work and one coworker just went on and on about it, so I gave it to her. She told me often how much she loved it.

Donna

• bev2009
    9 years ago

It's a stunner! I want to write on my calendar to have some time freed up to try one this year. I can't remember. Did this start in January or was it earlier?

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Way to go, Jackie!

SharonG/FL

• jackier123
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Bonnie posts the fabric requirements toward the end of October, then the first clue is given the Friday after Thanksgiving.

• nanajayne
    9 years ago

Nicely done. It is always rewarding when a quilt finds the right home. I know you cousin was very happy to have such a lovely surprise. TFS

• day2day
    9 years ago

Gorgeous quilt!
    Great job.

~Geraldine

• Suzette Simmonds
    9 years ago

This literally gave me chills. Totally gorgeous. Your cousin is one lucky girl!

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

Gorgeous! Your cousin is so lucky -- a Gift of a quilt and smoked turkey salad -- what a great day! It is so nice for you, to give a quilt as a surprise,when you know the recipient already loves the quilt. Win - win.
    You did a wonderful job on this mystery!

• rosajoe_gw
    9 years ago

It's beautiful! I love your fabrics. Isn't is great when someone appreciates all of the hard work you put into a quilt?
    Rosa

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

Great quilt and what a lucky cousin! I love all the colors.
    LindaB/CA

Sponsored
DryHome Roofing & Siding, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars82 Reviews
Loudon Co. Roofing, Siding & Exterior Remodeler Best of Houzz 5 times!