Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not quilted - but a sewing project

Posted by polardream (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 12:17

A friend wanted a hooded bath towel for her grandson and couldn't find anything that was trimmed with puppies, so I offered to give it a try. Looked online at several tutorials and this is what I came up with. It is really hard to sew through several layers of a thick bath towel!

Alex's hooded towel photo P1090661.jpg

Alex's towel photo P1090662.jpg

photo P1090663.jpg

Since they live in California, I can't have him model. I hope it will last for years to come. It is really hard to take a picture of a hooded item!
Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not quilted - but a sewing project

Smart girl!
Theresa

o

Cute! It came out really nice.

Donna

o

Adorable!

o

What a great idea. Bet he can take it to the beach, too.

beverly

o

I like it, Sue.

SharonG/FL

o

cute!

o

Very cute...great idea! You may have started something....
V.

o

Very cute! He is sure to love it! You did a great job in the design & execution.

This is not the same -- but since you are sewing for babies, look at the link below for the most adorable & quick (maybe :~) cuddle blanket for a small child. I've had this saved for years.

I love Heirloom Creations - Sara is so informative. I've spoken to her and purchased from them.

Back to your Puppies towel -- I love it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Critter Blanket

o

Looks really cozy. Hope they send you a pic when he gets it ;-)
LindaB/CA

o

Wow that critter blanket is adorable!
LindaB/CA

o

Very cute towel. I loved hooded towels for my little ones. The critter blanket is so creative. I've bookmarked that one. No babies for anyone I know on the horizon, but I'm sure there will be sooner or later.

o

Marsha - the critter blanket is adorable! I will have to keep that one in mind for the future. I am hopeful I will be a grandma in the next few years - I'm not rushing it - they just got married - but I am going to start stockpiling ideas.

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here