Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are you quilting this weekend? April 18-20

Posted by quiltingfox (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 12:05

Since Linda has not posted this yet I am assuming she is busy with her grandbabies this Easter weekend. I am knitting a scarf for my sister this weekend out of Sensations Rosario Multi Red yarn, really liking how the ribbons pop in this yarn using size 13 knitting needles. Hoping also this weekend to draw up some more SBS quilt paper patterns that I can then use to make plastic templates with. Is a busy weekend with kids having sleepovers at my house, family visiting, and a family egg hunt scheduled for Sunday at my niece's house, so definitely a full weekend. And F-I-L who just had major neck surgery should be home today or tomorrow from the hospital. Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend! So will you be quilting this weekend?

Best to you and yours,
Sandra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are you quilting this weekend? April 18-20

Oh yeah..............I work a little bit, and sew a little bit and work a lot, and sew a little bit more. Every time I go upstairs, I detour to the sewing room and knock out a few minutes worth. I am just finishing up block twelve of sixteen 24" blocks and trying to finish a block every other day and still feels guiltless about playing whilst there's work to be done. I'm even getting some early canning done. Did a run of carrots yesterday and peeling sweet potatoes today. I got a load of them super cheap at the market, and bought enough to put some up until the garden comes in.

o

I finished a sewing project last night (hooded bath towel) and will try to finish the binding on a baby quilt. Need to make two quilt labels and attach them. I am also continuing to make "crumb" squares - seems like the crumbs keep growing and the squares are coming along. I have about 200 - 4-1/2" squares that can be assembled into a charity quilt so far!
We won't have Easter dinner until late tomorrow night since DS is hosting a bachelor weekend for one of his buddies and they are in the mountains skiing. Gives me more time to sew!

Sue

o

DH's family is having their Easter gathering today, since his sister is hosting and she works on Sundays, so he's over in Lakeland. I chose to be anti-social and stay home today.

Tomorrow we have to be at church at 6:45 am and won't be home till around 12:30. When we get home I'm going to start dinner in the crock pot and take a nap! LOL

Monday is a holiday for us, so I'm sewing today and plan to on Monday. I got the laundry done and other chores so hopefully Monday I can do exactly what I want!

I've been pulling scraps to cut up to use with a package of Thangles I've had for probably 10 years. The resulting HSTs will be used to make miniature quilts for my guild's show next Jan.

Donna

o

Sue, I saw this crumb border and thought you might be interested.

I have 2 side borders on Love in the Mist. When I get the other 2 on, I'll try and take a picture. It's only taken 3 years to get it this far!

Not sure what tomorrow will bring. We've been invited to an extended family member's home for dinner and Easter Egg hunt. They make a big deal of it with prizes for all the kids and had the traditional egg coloring last night. I have meatballs all ready to throw in the crockpot with pineapple preserves and BBQ sauce for my contribution to the food table.

Hope all is well with everyone....

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Crumb border

o

Sharon, I love that border! What a great idea to complete a "crumb" quilt.

Sue

o

I probably won't get much sewing done this weekend. My mother came in this morning. My son and daughter in law also came in. We went to an old old restaurant in Chattanooga called Bea's for a late lunch. 4 cousins also went with us. It's one of those old southern restaurants that have a lazy susan in the middle of the table and keep the food piled high. They were serving fried chicken, bbq, chicken and dumplings, okra, sliced tomatoes, stewed potatoes, slaw, potato salad, greens, pinto beans, rolls, corn bread and cherry cobbler. The restaurant has been in business since the early 60's with the same lazy susan tables. Best fried chicken in the area. You eat all you want for a moderate price.

Mom will be here until sometime Sunday, so I won't be in the sewing room until after she leaves.

Jackie

o

Like Calliope, I am stealing a few minutes here and there.
Every time DGS goes out with Grandpa, I run to the machine.
No company tomorrow, first time ever, so,it will be very low key.
Happy Day to all!
Theresa

o

Well, I did a bit of frog stitching, does that count. Seems I need someone to proof read my labels before I attach them to the quilt cause I can't spell. I also hope to get a bit of quilting done on the wedding quilt, too.

beverly

o

I finished the quilting on two quilts thus far and hope to bind both by the end of the weekend. I'm also hoping to sandwich two tops, one that I completed last fall and the other my winning lotto blocks. If I accomplish all this I'll be thrilled!
No family in town so it will be a quiet day.
Happy Easter everyone!
V.

o

I didn't post my plans, but am pleased as punch to have cut out a whole bunch of fan blades!

o

Hi Bev! Sharon I like the Crumb Border pic, it's like mini-crazy quilt blocks. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. With all the family activities we had this weekend I did not get to work on any quilt projects. My son is out of school this week. Hoping I get to work on some quilt projects this week. Hope everyone has a good week.

Best to you and yours,
Sandra

o

Sandra, thanks for starting this thread. You were correct, I was enjoying my grandbabies. We went to DD's home on Friday and spent the weekend there. The baby rolled over for the first time on Easter. Now she does it all the time!
On Monday morning we drove to DS's home and spent all of Monday with them. The new baby is growing so fast and the 2 year old is very entertaining! lol
We got home about 9:30 Monday night. Today is laundry and trimming the Relay for Life quilt for binding.
Happy Quilting everyone!
Linda OH

o

Despite thinking I would not do any sewing while DGS is here, I have managed 80 small 6in. blocks. Maybe I will have him help me set them out..
Theresa

o

My allergies and the rain have made me feel miserable. I have been trying to control the weeds and it does appear they are winning.

I have been learning to knit lace and my quilting project is an autograph quilt for a great niece's graduation gift.

I must make the quilt a priority if it is to be finished in time!

Love the entire crumb quilt!

o

Linda you are most welcome, glad you enjoyed your grandbabies. Theresa sounds like you got a lot done. Rosa I cut weeds and grass in my large back yard flowerbed yesterday and scattered in it a huge bag of fire ant poison. Hopefully by this weekend and next week will be safe to dig plants with S-I-L. Hope everyone enjoys their week!

Best to you,
Sandra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here