Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? April 25-27

lindaoh_gw
10 years ago

I plan to finish the t-shirt quilt this weekend. I just couldn't get excited to work on it but wouldn't let myself start anything new until it was done. I only have to finish joining the rows together and then quilt and bind it. My goal it to have to him next week.
I have a bundle of FQs by Kate Spain that I bought in Columbus last weekend. I haven't decide what to do with them yet but enjoy looking at all the pretty, happy colors.
Does anyone have a suggestion on what to make with 18 fat quarters?

Linda OH

Comments (21)

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

I am home from Europe and will be quilting again, thank heavens. I'm still jet lagged which means my quilting starts at 3AM before I crash again about 8. I hope to have my Mom's blue quilt done to take it to her for Mothers Day. Wish me luck.

• nannykins
    10 years ago

I have just joined the 80 blocks into an 8x10 little quilt. It just needs a border.
    Off to Detroit and hopefully a Joann 's for some thread and anything else that catches my eye.
    Theresa

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Linda, if you get 2 more FQs you can make one of the Turning Twenty variations. It might be really cool with print FQs and solids in the block centers, instead of the other way around. :)

I plan to be sewing. As far as I know we don't have any plans, except DH needs to get a new phone since he dropped his in a client's pool on Tuesday. (men)

I have a package of Thangles (papers marked for sewing HSTs) that is probably 10 years old. They finish at 2-1/2". Who knows why I bought such an odd size!? Anyway, I was going to sew them up and make miniatures for the guild's silent auction, but 2-1/2" squares are really too big for miniatures. I'm going to make at least one mini, then use the rest for a lap size quilt. I found a block on EQ called Contrary Wife that I'm going to make.

Donna

• bev2009
    10 years ago

DH's surprise 70th birthday is tomorrow. Spring cleaning 1/2 done, garden clean out 3/4 done. Oh well. My hand never felt right after breaking my arm in January. Found out I have carpal tunnel now, probably due to the break doc said and I have tendinitis in the other wrist, So one wrist brace 24/7 on the left hand and one at night on the right. I probably sound like I am whining, but I really am tough. I also found out I had broken by wrist on the left hand at some time, as there was a hunk of bone floating around. I have no idea when, as I tend to ignore everything until it goes away by itself. (Had the same experience with my ankle a few years ago. Who knew?) LOL

In spite of this, I cut out over 100 fan blades for the porch quilt last week. But I don't anticipate getting anything sewn this weekend. I'll just follow every else's plans and enjoy vicariously.

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Saturday will be a busy yard work day but Sunday I will be sewing. Not sure what I'll work on but I'm looking forward to having a little time. I started working on a friend's wedding quilt but did a few sample blocks first to get the size of the signature blocks right; I didn't expect to love the sample blocks but I do, so now I have a quilt to make for myself too! Room for fun quilting in the signature spaces.

I've done Lotto blocks for April and May so maybe I'll get started a little early on June!

Kate

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

We have a full scout activities weekend coming up! and that includes 100s of miles on the car!

I am hoping that DH can get my sewing closet put back together. Then I have to decide if I load it back and get to sewing more quickly, or go ahead and paint inside the closet to match the rest of the room. (I never unloaded and painted the closet when I did the rest of the room) That will hold up the sewing for awhile..... tough decision.

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

This past week I cut grass and weeds in my large back yard flowerbed and put out a large bag of fire ant poison in it. I'm am tired of fighting fire ants, fighting snakes and being out in triple digit heat in the summers trying to keep up with weeding, so I am going to just do gardening in a few indoor and outdoor flowerpots. So my favorite S-I-L Viv and I plan to dig my garden and relocate my plants to her yard and she will take some to her son's home - I am really hoping we get this done next week as it is starting to get quite hot here.

Today I cut and machine sewed backing fabric for my parents' Card Tricks queen-size quilt and then crawled around on the floor for 2 hours quilting safety pin basting the layers together. I am so glad I got it sandwiched, so tonight I plan to start hand-quilting it. So I had a very productive day. :-) Hoping I can get it fully hand-quilted in the next 6 months so I can gift it to my parents at Christmas. So yes I will be quilting this weekend - yay!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

I do plan to sew! Hoping to get all the rows sewn together on the Blue Ridge Beauty. I think after that, I'll clear things off and start the quilting process on a few quilts. I have at least 3 sandwiched and ready to go so need to get busy. Granddaughter's Bridal Shower is next month and the wedding in June. I 'might' be going north after the wedding but will wait and see how the Geezer does with his knee surgery on Monday when they take out the hardware.

Glad you're back safely, ToolGranny Linda.

SharonG/FL

• bev2009
    10 years ago

Let me know if you get up my way, Sharon. I'd love to get together.

• polardream
    10 years ago

Today and tomorrow I am working at the Health Fair (6 am - 2 pm!) so early mornings for me. Sunday is the baby shower I made two quilts for, so I am looking forward to that.

In spite of all the other activities, I plan to sew a little.
    I am making some potholders for a wedding gift, We are going to Germany for the wedding of our first exchange student, so just a small quilty gift with cash since suitcase space will be at a premium!

Tonight after I finish the potholders, I am hoping to sandwich one of my UFOs so I can start getting some of them quilted.

Sue

• jackier123
    10 years ago

I definitely plan to sew some this weekend. I am working on my challenge quilt for retreat. I created this really cool design, and now I am paying the price in the difficulty. :)

Jackie

• vacuumfreak
    10 years ago

No machine time for me this weekend... I have a cousin getting married in St. Augustine and I'm just about to leave for that... I'm staying until Monday and thought about bringing the machine to piece in the room while I'm there, but I worry about something happening to the machine at the hotel (like getting stolen or me dropping it), so I will just take a break this weekend...

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Today is my birthday (81) so I am taking a holiday.
    Theresa

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Happy birthday, Thersa. Enjoy your holiday.

I'm just going outside to power wash my sailboat which is sitting in my driveway. I hate, hate, hate this job. I have to climb up a ladder to get into the boat and then wrestle with hoses and stumble around stepping over ropes and other fittings all about 7 feet over the driveway. I always think about falling off. Besides, it's only 46 degrees outside. I'll be dressed up in foul weather gear and boots, and I'll be getting wet. Yuck! Got to get it done, because our first race is May 15, and she still needs to be launched and rigged. Good thing I love sailing so much.

Later, I hope to keep working on my husband's quilt. I have 19 of the 32 main blocks finished. Maybe a little FMQ on my scrap quilt too.

Oh, and we have a new grandson, Marshall Ronald, born April 24, 8 pounds, 8 ounces. Now I can finish the Peekaboo Monkeys label.

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Enjoy your day, Theresa - happy birthday!

Have fun in St. Augustine, Bobby! I always enjoy going there.

Lois, I keep telling DH that I want to learn to sail and he looks at me like he thinks I'm joking. The few times I've been sailing I really loved it!

I've gotten a little sewing in today in between laundry and yard work. I think we are going to just chill out tomorrow, so I'll be able to sew all day!

Donna

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Congratulations Grandma Lois. New babies are fun!
    Thank you all for the good wishes. I said I was taking a holiday but then I remembered that earlier this I morning pressed the little quilt i joined yesterday. Rest of the day will be looking at quilt patterns for the next one.
    Theresa

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday Theresa!

LindaB/CA

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Hope you had a great birthday, Theresa!
    Enjoy St Augustine, Bobby.
    Lois, Now you have a name to go on the quilt label. Congratz!
    Bev2009, I'm still in the thinking stage and trying to decide how to have some things taken care of while I'm gone. I can no longer trust that DH will take care of certain things. Since my sister lives in the Chicago area now, you will be right on the way so we will try and make it happen this summer. :-)

I have Blue Ridge Beauty all together now and am thinking about a border. It's another biggie for me. I received the second Missouri Star Block Idea Book and saw the Zip 'Er Up quilt which uses 5" charms. I have quite a few Kona charms in many colors, so plan to use those for the next top.

SharonG/FL

• msmeow
    10 years ago

I just finished my second miniature top. I want to get them finished to turn in at the guild meeting on the 5th.

Donna

• bev2009
    10 years ago

Sharon, I hope it works out. I a little to the East of I-65, but can always meet you between I-65 and Chicago if need be!

• vacuumfreak
    10 years ago

Just back home... Well, I had fun at the wedding, but the traffic in St. Augustine is insane... I actually missed my machines when I was away!

I googled from my phone to try to find sewing places and found a shop that had fabric and said on their site that they gave lessons on how to use machines and would be happy to just chat sewing with anyone who stopped in... so I did on the way home, and the lady was cordial, but she was a bit dismissive when she found out I quilted instead of sewed garments. She recommended a couple of quilt shops in the area, but I just wanted to get back home...

Here's a picture of one of my favorite cousins and me at the wedding (I'm the boy :o)

{{!gwi}}

Theresa, I hope you had a lovely birthday.. so many women are embarrassed to tell their age, and I think it is something you should be proud of, so bravo!

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath