Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
polardreams

Disney Princess baby quilt finished

polardream
9 years ago

Two of the girls in our son's wedding in November are pregnant and expecting in June & July. This is for the girl baby. Mom is a HUGE Disney princess fan, so this is what her little girl will be getting. The joint baby shower is on the 27th, so I just need to add a label.

Disney princess quilt

After seeing Kate's quilt she made for with her lotto blocks, I finally had an idea of how to quilt this. Seeing her "flower" design, prompted me to go girly and flowery!

This quilt kind of grew and grew as I sketched it out and it ended up being 48 x 60, so this little girl will be able to use it for some time!

Sue

Comments (14)

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

Very girly ~ and Princess Priceless! She will love it. Looking at your pic-I asked myself "How big is this baby quilt?" LOL
    I think the size is very usable and will be loved for years and years.
    I love the placement of the yellow blocks - adds a sparkle to the quilt. Great design - the quilting is perfect.

Now, what are you making for the other baby?

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Sue, Your quilt is just so darn cute!!! That's a very lucky little girl...she'll use it for many years!
    V.

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

That is too cute! The little girl is bound to love it as she gets older into toddler years. Beautiful job!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Great job, Sue. I like the addition of the yellow/gold blocks, too. And, your quilting is right on! It's a good size to be used for years.

SharonG/FL

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

It's charming! I like the quilting very much - glad I could lend a little inspiration!

• grammyp
    9 years ago

Nice quilt. I think there will be a lot of naps taken with that one.

beverly

• day2day
    9 years ago

Delightful girly quilt! I like the quilting.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Sweet quilt for a little one, Sue. You did a lovely job.

You've also given me inspiration for using a jungle print that I have that was part of a kit. I never liked the fabric, so I didn't use it. Now I can see how I can fussy-cut the animals and build a great quilt around those without using the whole fabric. Thanks for the great idea. Lois

• rosajoe_gw
    9 years ago

Adorable! The quilting design is perfect for the quilt. I think making a quilt to be used growing up is a wonderful idea. I have made so many baby quilts with the birth date, etc. and they aren't used for long. Yours is perfect for a beautiful quilt to be loved for many years.
    Rosa

• grandmamary_ga
    9 years ago

What a treasure for a little princess to be. Great job.
    Mary

• polardream
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone!
    Marsha - the other one has sailboats and I need to sew the binding and it will be done & I will post pictures.

Lois, you are so right about not wanting to use huge amounts of the fabric. When our son & DIL said to make it Disney princesses I almost gulped because I couldn't figure out what to do ... fussy cutting seemed liked the best option!

I still need to make a label - think I will just put year and made by me since they are not telling anyone her name yet! Or maybe made for Princess and their last name, then the date, and my name. What do you think?

Sue

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

Pretty baby quilt. I especially love the quilting.
    LindaB/CA

• bev2009
    9 years ago

It's a lovely quilt. I'd use Princess last name. Most little girls want to be a princess at some point. I'm still waiting (although I married a prince!)

• jackier123
    9 years ago

How sweet! Love the bright color too.

Sponsored
WellCraft Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars61 Reviews
Virginia’s Full Service Design-Build Remodeling Company