Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? April 27-29

lindaoh_gw
12 years ago

I had a very productive day yesterday. I pieced two quilt backs, added borders to a quilt, and made my Hello Sun BOM for April. I also made 5 burp pads for my DGS. I hope to load one of the quilts on the frame this weekend and hopefully get it quilted.

In addition to the quilting, I did all the laundry.

Are you quilting this weekend?

Linda OH

Comments (18)

• User
    12 years ago

Hi Linda,

Most definitely! Have baby quilts and the Edinburgh themed quilt for my MIL to work on. As much as we all have a ton of things to do I still find the quilting qualified as "me" time in my list. Letting go and just creating with my box of crayons (fabric stash) just makes my day. Been away from all this for waaaaaaaaay too long.

Anyone else?

Cheers,
    Peggy

• polardream
    12 years ago

Will try to finish sandwiching a quilt today between baking and making dinner for DS & his girlfriend. They are closing on a house this afternoon and have asked me to help with painting before they move in tomorrow! I figure we can paint after 4pm (closing is at 3)and have dinner ready to pop in the oven at their new place. Nothing like a busy weekend. We should get the master bedroom and livingroom/kitchen painted - the rest can wait. Lots of church activities Saturday/Sunday, so MAYBE back to quilting Sunday evening.
    Sue

• calliope
    12 years ago

The sun is out between rains and I just finished weeding my asparagus beds in preparation to dress them with chicky poo. I am obliged to do outside work when the weather permits, so I sneaked upstairs with my cuppa as the dew dried off, and quilted an hour at the hoop. An hour here, an hour there and one day it's done.

I shall not be piecing any more tops until this dude is done (and yeah, I've said that before I made the jewel box quilt as well) LOL

• msmeow
    12 years ago

I'm planning to sew! I started a new top last weekend so will probably work on that some. I also just got a great black & white paisley 108" wide fabric for backing a king size quilt, so I'd like to get that loaded on the frame and started, too.

Already have Crock Pot dinner planned and ingredients purchased for tomorrow night! :D

Donna

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I have a purse pattern I've been eager to try and I think this is the weekend!

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Actually, I'm un-quilting. I started practicing on an old UFO and discovered the thread color was too light. So, I'm ripping out quilting. Fortunately I hadn't gone too far but I think I'll like this other thread better. Might get the rest quilted on that one piece but that's probably all I'll do this weekend.

• bev2009
    12 years ago

Company coming for dinner tonight...I'm out gardening now. Tomorrow helping DD move a bunch of stuff into storage so she can put her condo on the market. I should be able to get some time in tomorrow and Sunday if I am organized. I would love to sandwich my wallhanging.

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

I have 2 sides of a border to quilt and hope to do that today. I'm loving how this quilt is turning out and can't wait to finish it!!

I have 2 other quilts in the wings for quilting; I might get one of those done this weekend if I can get out for thread.

I also need to make serious progress on a challenge mini quilt!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

The Tie quilt is ready for binding and hope to get that completely done tomorrow. Sunday, we plan on going to Orlando with DD, her DH and DGD to see what's available for housing when DGD starts college in June.

SharonG/FL

• vacuumfreak
    12 years ago

It sounds as if everyone has an exciting weekend planned! I'm going to brave Joanns tomorrow to return the Simplicity rotary cutter, then I'm going to buy some muslin and batting and border material and spend the rest of the day piecing... looking forward to it... I didn't get a chance yesterday and worked today, so hopefully I'll make some progress tomorrow! I can't believe how much I've missed working on the quilt these last couple days!

I've been toying with the idea of getting an embroidery machine, so I've been reading lots of reviews and watching videos... somebody stop me please!

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I received a call from the Sewing Studio late this afternoon: my machine servicing is completed and I get to pick it up tomorrow! That was even quicker than I had hoped.

• vacuumfreak
    12 years ago

Kate, I'm happy you got it back so quickly. I actually thought about going out there to see what they had for fabric and embroidery machines tomorrow, but I just don't want to drive that far! If you were happy with their service, let me know, because I may well take my machine there if it ever needs something... I know they know it well because they sell the model there.... Now Martha can go back into retirement :o)

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Sharon, is your GDG going to UCF?

Kate, glad you got the machine back quickly! I've been very pleased with his work at Sewing Studio.

I got my top finished! It's 50 x 71, so a nice large lap quilt. It may end up being a going-away gift for one of our pastors who is moving this year.

I also ironed and squared up the big-a$$ piece of fabric for the king size quilt. Four yards of 110" wide fabric is a bear to work with, especially when you are not very tall!

Donna

• nannykins
    11 years ago

I just put two borders on my green Jacob's Ladder.
    Had to take a break last week because my 13 yr.old grandson was visiting from France. No time for sewing.
    Theresa

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

I had a great time sewing today on my machine. The service was well worth the cost - I couldn't be more pleased.

And I finished the purse I wanted to make! Woo hoo! A good weekend.

Kate

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Donna, Yes, Meagan is going to UCF and after looking at off campus housing today, has decided to stay on campus for this summer and also the first semester. I think it's a wise decision for her first time at college.

SharonG/FL

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

On-campus sounds like the right idea.

• polardream
    11 years ago

Turns out I made 2 potholders for DS & his girlfriend for their new house. I took a casserole Friday night to share with their friends who were moving stuff while I painted & didn't know if any of her kitchen stuff would get moved. She loved them and it was fun for them to have something brand new.
    We did lots of "fetch & carry" for them today after we cleaned up all the painting projects. It was really fun to see how excited they are!
    Maybe some sewing tomorrow ...
    Sue