Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miniature Quilts Magazine

Posted by minnie_tx (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 12, 12 at 9:24

I saved all my copies of this wonderful magazine from around 2000-2001. Sadly today when doing a google on them I found out that they were discontinued. They are available on EBay and Amazon and other places.
I'm sure that I got the instructions from one of the magazines for the atached photo of one I did so long ago.

If I ever get back into quiling I'll make another one

Here is a link that might be useful: My Mini Quilthanging

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miniature Quilts Magazine

That's so pretty! It looks very intricate.

I have some miniature patterns, but mostly I just make something up in EQ and scale it to the size I want, or I just make "normal" blocks in a smaller size.

Donna

o

Thanks I appreciate the compliment.

I love to look thru these magazines. I think with your EQ you can have as many Minis as you want !!

o

Just lovely!
I have done three large quilts using that pattern and I loved them all. Don't know if I want to tackle a mini though.
Theresa

o

What a beautiful little quilt!

I don't have EQ so I just kind of guess on scaling and hope for the best. Last night I was playing with a shadow pattern and really struggled with scale. It just didn't turn out like I wanted it to.

o

When I get them arranged by issue then you can ask me if a certain pattern is in a particular issue and then I can direct you to it .
I think there were 20 or so patterns in each one. As an off topic Crocheted Quilts this is an afghan I did and it looks like my miniquilt

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Path Afghan

o

I love minis, but tend to just re-scale a regular block and create it myself. Or just get paper piecing papers already printed.

I like your quilts. I also know this pattern as "Lover's Knot". Eleanor Burns has a book with this pattern. I did placemats for a friend in it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here