Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

Out of commision....

teresa_nc7
9 years ago

I know I haven't been posting here much, the truth is I'm not quilting or doing much of anything at present. There is something wrong with my right leg, pain and trouble walking is the result. This morning I'm going back to the ortho clinic to try to get some answers or another direction. I'm getting to work each day, but that is about all.

My niece's baby boy will be here in July so I need to get to work on his quilt. I'm using the cute Donkeys in Wellies fabric for this quilt - such cute gray donkeys wearing colorful rain boots (or wellies). I've got the boot print, a soft gray, and some bright orange, yellow, green, blue fabrics to coordinate.

I miss you guys and gals, I'll try to check in more often.

Teresa

Here is a link that might be useful: Laurie Wisbrun's fabric

Comments (31)

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

I'm so sorry you are layed up. I hope this all goes away soon. Keep in touch with us. Sending hugs.

• Kristene Smith
    9 years ago

Sorry to hear about the problem with your legs. I had an accident 2 weeks ago myself. A sheet of fibro fell onto the back of my left leg & tore the skin away from the calf. Very painful and will be a long time healing. Hope they find out the reason for your pain & fix it up

Kristene

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Teresa, So sorry about your leg pain. Make sure they check for clots! When DH had his knee surgery the other day, they said he had A-Fib which can cause clots and strokes. Not to be taken lightly! Keep us updated on what the ortho does/says today.

SharonG/FL

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Teresa, I hope they find the source of your pain soon!

That is some darn cute fabric! Can't wait to see the quilt.

Donna

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    9 years ago

So...I'll be getting a MRI very soon, which is what I wanted to happen. The PA says it sounds like a torn something-or-other, I agree, it may not be arthritis related, also my opinion.

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Teresa

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Follow orders and get well soon
    The other Theresa

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

Oh Teresa! :~(
    Be persistent in getting a (correct) diagnosis! Go with your gut instinct - you know your body........

On a happy note - You're going to a Great Auntie!!!! The Donkeys fabric is adorable! What pattern are you thinking about? The Donkeys are so cute & fun -- the perfect fabric to cheer you up!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Thanks for the update, Teresa. Glad they're doing something to get an answer so they can treat it properly.

SharonG/FL

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Sorry you are having problems, Teresa. It can be so debilitating - both physically and mentally. I hope they find the answer for you. Your quilt fabric is adorable. Be sure to post your progress.

And Kristene, your wound sounds really ugly. Please take care of yourself.

• nanajayne
    9 years ago

Teresa, sorry your having so much discomfort but I am sure they will find the answer soon. This hasn't been my best year either but it is beginning to look up.
    Tell them to hurry as you need to get that cute quilt under way......Congratulations on your choice of fabric.

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Donkey's in boots... totally adorable!

This isn't good news about your leg pain, Teresa, but I'm glad you are working with the physicians to determine the cause. I'm sure they are helping you with pain management too; there are lots of options that provide relief without leaving you fuzzy and sleepy.

Kate

• lindaoh_gw
    9 years ago

I've missed you on the forum! So sorry you are not feeling well and it's keeping you from quilting.
    I can't wait to see the baby quilt. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Linda OH

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

Christene and Teresa,

So sorry you are experiencing problems. Hope there's a happy resolution for you both!

The donkey and rain boot fabric is adorable.

LindaB/CA

• bev2009
    9 years ago

Having to take a break from your daily routine can be very irritating. I hope you are back to normal very soon. At least you can sit and quilt! And the fabric is so cute. Can't wait to see your progress.

Christene, don't know what fibro is, but sounds heavy. Hope you leg heals quickly.

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Teresa, I'm so sorry to hear of your pain...,sending positive thoughts your way for a correct diagnosis and speedy resolution.
    On the bright side,...ditto what everyone else said...the Donkey Fabric is Adorable...make sure you post your finished quilt.
    take care of yourself!
    Best wishes,
    V.

• wendyfaye
    9 years ago

Hey Teresa, hope you're feeling much better real soon. The little donkey quilt sounds adorable. Cant wait to see it.

Faye :)

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Bev - I think fibro is like drywall only heavier! Made from ground cement. Ouch!

• rosajoe_gw
    9 years ago

Teresa, I had wonder where you were, I hope they find out what is causing your pain so you can return to quilting. The fabric is adorable, I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of the baby and quilt.

Kristene, that wound sounds very painful, best wishes for a speeding healing.
    Rosa

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh, Christine, that does sound painful. I hope you are on the mend very soon.

Teresa

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Teresa, hope you received the answers and the help you were looking for from the ortho!

Kate

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The MRI was yesterday - no news yet, but I do have help from a painkiller, thank heavens. It takes the edge off a bit. I did not go into work today which was the right decision under the circumstances. I should know more next week.

Thanks!
    Teresa

• grammyp
    9 years ago

Hope you can get some answers and relief soon. I do love the fabric. It will make a great quilt.

beverly

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The results are in: meniscus torn in 2 - that's TWO - places, one on each side of my knee. I'll see the doctor next week to see what is next.... maybe surgery? I'm just so glad to know what the injury is but I still don't know how it happened.

Very odd.... we have three people in our office with torn meniscus injuries in recent months.

Teresa

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Thank heavens you know what the issue is...now for the repair and healing part...follow doctors orders so you can get back to 100%
    Take care of yourself
    V.

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

So glad you got a diagnosis. My husband's two tears and a severed ACL healed well after surgery. Hope they have a good solution for you and a speedy recovery. Pretty odd having all of you with similar injuries.
    LindaB/CA

• grammyp
    9 years ago

Now that you know what it is, it can be treated. Hopefully they won't make you wait too long.

beverly

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

What a relief it is something they can fix! I'm sure you are wondering how the injury occurred. All the bad weather you had all winter, perhaps you slipped and just don't recall.
    Be a good patient. :~)

• calliope
    9 years ago

That can be so painful. Sorry to hear about it. Three people in one office? Uhm...............workplace injury?

• polardream
    9 years ago

Teresa,
    So sorry I missed seeing this - I am hoping that you are feeling better very soon! A torn meniscus is painful, but I know that you will do well with your recovery!

Your fabric is really cute - looking forward to seeing what you do with it!
    Sue

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Saw my doctor today and I will have orthoscopic surgery on June 10 and hopefully that will help to fix the problem in my knee.

He said it also looks like I have a slight tear in the muscle behind the knee. My reaction was "'YES', Thank you Lord, I'm not crazy after all!" Then I told him about the weird incident one night in February when I was woken up (3:00 a.m.) with a searing pain on the back of my leg above the knee and had no idea what was happening! He said there is nothing to do for this tear, it will heal over and form scar tissue. It's not even safe to go to bed anymore!

Teresa

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

Glad to hear there will be a resolution of the problem. Hope all goes well and your recovery time is short.
    LindaB/CA

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21