Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have a commission quilt(s), and request.

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 8:47

I met with the forest service last week and they are celebrating the 50th anniversary of the wilderness areas in the US. There are 3 in Alabama, and they are having a photo contest to celebrate. They would like a queen quilt for the grand prize and a wall hanging for second. They would also like a wall hanging for the main office and one for the office at each wilderness area. She had some suggestions and we settled on the strip twist pattern with an applique block for each wilderness area. The prizes need to be ready by the middle of August, the others by the end of the year.

I have the applique blocks under control, but could use some 2 1/2 inch green strips if anyone has some available. As long as it is 2 1/2 by 8 1/2 I can use it. I am willing to repay for fabric and postage. It seems I have been stuck on greens for several years, I guess that is what I get for making so many forest quilts.

Thanks everyone,
beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have a commission quilt(s), and request.

Will check my green box today.
Theresa

o

Sending some your way

o

On their way
Theresa

o

Sent you an email about thread I could donate.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Beverly, Will check my strips today....I'm sure I have some you can use and will let you know when they're on the way. No need to repay.....you do and have done plenty for me.

SharonG/FL

o

Thanks everyone! Sandra, the e-mail has not arrived yet.

beverly

o

I emailed you via the GardenWeb by clicking on your email link on your GW member page yesterday. I have no idea why it did not go through.???

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Will do. E-Mail address. May have it but not sure.

o

Beverly I went back to try to email you a 2nd time via GW your email link on your member page, but it does not look like you have a complete email address, ... it just says grammyp and has nothing else at the end of it? Can you try to email me and if that goes through then I can email you back, cause that way I should have a complete email address for you that way?

Best to you and thanks,
Sandra

o

I don't know what has changed on my profile. I have re-entered my e-mail and updated my profile, but nothing seems to fix it. Guess I will check with GW and see what they can do.

beverly

o

What a neat project! Do you prefer exact 2 1/2 x 8 1/2, or would you like them a little oversize? Any shade of green?
Janice

o

Janice, I would prefer larger if possible, and any shade green is great. If I have pieces left over I will make them 2 1/2 inch squares and use them in another project. Thanks so much.

beverly

o

Mailed some greens to you this morning, Beverly.

SharonG/FL

o

Strips are in the mail. Wish I had know you would like larger. I have lots more if there is a size that you need.

o

Thanks everyone. I will post as the packages arrive.

beverly

o

The thread I mail you is suppose to be delivered Saturday according to my post office receipt.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Jackie, your lovely package arrived today. Thanks so much!

beverly

o
REF: I have a commission quilt(s), and request.

So far I have gotten packages from

Jackie
Sandra
Jane
and Sharon.

Thanks everyone,
beverly

o

If you need more feel free to ask. I have lots of greens.

o

You are very welcome!

o
commission quilt(s), and request.

Beverly,
Mine will go out after Easter.
Janice

o
commission quilt(s), and request.

Beverly,
Mine will go out after Easter.
Janice

o

Glad you got it Beverly and you are most welcome. Hope your quilt project goes great.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

I'll check my greens - should have some to send to you
Kristene

o

Glad this got bumped back up to the top - I missed it last week. I have some greens to send. They will go in the mail in the next few days.

o

Kristene, your package arrived yesterday!

Jackie
Sandra
Jane
Sharon
Theresa
Kristene

Thanks so much to all my generous friends.

This post was edited by grammyp on Wed, May 7, 14 at 9:11

o

Beverly the email address I use for GW I do not check often, and have not checked it in about 3 months, until I checked it this morning and saw your April 18th reply message. Sorry am so late in getting you a reply, it's just not my primary email address and I only use it for GW. Glad you got the thread and liked it and were able to put it to good use.

Best to you and thanks bunches,
Sandra

o

Thanks Sandra. Pictures will be coming soon.

beverly

o

Glad to hear. Would love to see your quilt pics.

Best to you and yours,
Sandra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here