Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

I have a commission quilt(s), and request.

grammyp
9 years ago

I met with the forest service last week and they are celebrating the 50th anniversary of the wilderness areas in the US. There are 3 in Alabama, and they are having a photo contest to celebrate. They would like a queen quilt for the grand prize and a wall hanging for second. They would also like a wall hanging for the main office and one for the office at each wilderness area. She had some suggestions and we settled on the strip twist pattern with an applique block for each wilderness area. The prizes need to be ready by the middle of August, the others by the end of the year.

I have the applique blocks under control, but could use some 2 1/2 inch green strips if anyone has some available. As long as it is 2 1/2 by 8 1/2 I can use it. I am willing to repay for fabric and postage. It seems I have been stuck on greens for several years, I guess that is what I get for making so many forest quilts.

Thanks everyone,
beverly

Comments (29)

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Will check my green box today.
    Theresa

• jackier123
    9 years ago

Sending some your way

• nannykins
    9 years ago

On their way
    Theresa

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Sent you an email about thread I could donate.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Beverly, Will check my strips today....I'm sure I have some you can use and will let you know when they're on the way. No need to repay.....you do and have done plenty for me.

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone! Sandra, the e-mail has not arrived yet.

beverly

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

I emailed you via the GardenWeb by clicking on your email link on your GW member page yesterday. I have no idea why it did not go through.???

Best to you,
    Sandra

• nanajayne
    9 years ago

Will do. E-Mail address. May have it but not sure.

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Beverly I went back to try to email you a 2nd time via GW your email link on your member page, but it does not look like you have a complete email address, ... it just says grammyp and has nothing else at the end of it? Can you try to email me and if that goes through then I can email you back, cause that way I should have a complete email address for you that way?

Best to you and thanks,
    Sandra

• grammyp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I don't know what has changed on my profile. I have re-entered my e-mail and updated my profile, but nothing seems to fix it. Guess I will check with GW and see what they can do.

beverly

• janice__indiana5
    9 years ago

What a neat project! Do you prefer exact 2 1/2 x 8 1/2, or would you like them a little oversize? Any shade of green?
    Janice

• grammyp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Janice, I would prefer larger if possible, and any shade green is great. If I have pieces left over I will make them 2 1/2 inch squares and use them in another project. Thanks so much.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Mailed some greens to you this morning, Beverly.

SharonG/FL

• nanajayne
    9 years ago

Strips are in the mail. Wish I had know you would like larger. I have lots more if there is a size that you need.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone. I will post as the packages arrive.

beverly

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

The thread I mail you is suppose to be delivered Saturday according to my post office receipt.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• grammyp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jackie, your lovely package arrived today. Thanks so much!

beverly

• grammyp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

So far I have gotten packages from

Jackie
    Sandra
    Jane
    and Sharon.

Thanks everyone,
    beverly

• nanajayne
    9 years ago

If you need more feel free to ask. I have lots of greens.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

You are very welcome!

• janice__indiana5
    9 years ago

Beverly,
    Mine will go out after Easter.
    Janice

• janice__indiana5
    9 years ago

Beverly,
    Mine will go out after Easter.
    Janice

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Glad you got it Beverly and you are most welcome. Hope your quilt project goes great.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• Kristene Smith
    9 years ago

I'll check my greens - should have some to send to you
    Kristene

• lola99
    9 years ago

Glad this got bumped back up to the top - I missed it last week. I have some greens to send. They will go in the mail in the next few days.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kristene, your package arrived yesterday!

Jackie
    Sandra
    Jane
    Sharon
    Theresa
    Kristene

Thanks so much to all my generous friends.

This post was edited by grammyp on Wed, May 7, 14 at 9:11

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Beverly the email address I use for GW I do not check often, and have not checked it in about 3 months, until I checked it this morning and saw your April 18th reply message. Sorry am so late in getting you a reply, it's just not my primary email address and I only use it for GW. Glad you got the thread and liked it and were able to put it to good use.

Best to you and thanks bunches,
    Sandra

• grammyp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Sandra. Pictures will be coming soon.

beverly

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Glad to hear. Would love to see your quilt pics.

Best to you and yours,
    Sandra