Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pirate_girl

Anonymously Donated Blocks I Assembled

pirate_girl
9 years ago

Hi Gang,

Happy Spring / Easter / Passover. I wanted to stop by & share this Charity / Service project.

Someone donated these blocks to my Quilt Guild & I was asked to assemble them. So I wanted to do justice to these beautifully colored & wonderfully laid out blocks, take a look.

Some of these are Kaffe Fassett fabrics, a bit too bright for me. I auditioned yellow, orange, peach as the inner border, but they were just too loud for me. I hope / feel my choice of turquoise pulls it together well.

Sometimes charity work allows one to work on really special work by others, a great experience all around. I had great fun, learned a lot & feel I did great service to these blocks.

Hope you find really fun projects out there too.

Karen

Comments (15)

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Karen, I think the turquoise border is great! The green sashing and outer border go well, too.

Nice job! What will be its final use?

Donna

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Very nice!
    Theresa

• day2day
    9 years ago

Looks great.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

That's a very pretty quilt. I like the way you laid out the blocks.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• polardream
    9 years ago

Karen,
    I like your sashing and border choices. They do tone down the brights in the blocks (which I happen to like!!!). Nicely done. I am sure whoever receives the quilt will be thrilled.

Sue

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

I think it looks great! Good job!

SharonG/FL

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Karen, I think your quilt turned out beautifully. Good job!

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

Beautiful! You did the quilt blocks justice. Someone is going to love this quilt. Nice job.

• bev2009
    9 years ago

You did a great job with the colors. I love the colors, but would never pick them for my home. I love when people post pictures and I get to see quilts I would never have dreamed of and yet they are wonderful.

• Robbi D.
    9 years ago

I love the colors! You did good on the inner border choice and the assembly

Robbi

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

I think it's stunning. Might never have thought of the turquoise and it really makes everything work.
    LindaB/CA

• pirate_girl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the compliments, I do so appreciate them. I forgot to mention this was paper pieced, the paper is still on the back, 'til I figure out how it'll be finished. Perhaps our Charity Stash will have a compatible backing & then maybe I'll ask for a volunteer long armer.

To quote Bev above

" I love when people post pictures and I get to see quilts I would never have dreamed of and yet they are wonderful."

That's pretty much how I feel, I really got a kick out of working in colors & patterns which I would have never have chosen on my own.

Initially, I'd picked an off-white to try as border & sashing, but it washed everything out & the group voted it out. Then I saw the light green.

I see now the pic is slightly blurry, hope these closer ups are sharper.

I think the maker here (I've since learned her name is Karla) has a great color sense. I really admire how she could make such beauifully blended & harmonious arrangments of such intense, bright colors.

and more

I love how vibrant it is, reminds me of spring & renewal!

• jackier123
    9 years ago

Love the colors!

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

This is beautiful!

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Very fresh and spring-like. I think it's beautiful.

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling