Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anonymously Donated Blocks I Assembled

Posted by pirate_girl (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 8:43

Hi Gang,

Happy Spring / Easter / Passover. I wanted to stop by & share this Charity / Service project.

Someone donated these blocks to my Quilt Guild & I was asked to assemble them. So I wanted to do justice to these beautifully colored & wonderfully laid out blocks, take a look.

photo P1100870_zpse6f3301e.jpg

Some of these are Kaffe Fassett fabrics, a bit too bright for me. I auditioned yellow, orange, peach as the inner border, but they were just too loud for me. I hope / feel my choice of turquoise pulls it together well.

Sometimes charity work allows one to work on really special work by others, a great experience all around. I had great fun, learned a lot & feel I did great service to these blocks.

Hope you find really fun projects out there too.

Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anonymously Donated Blocks I Assembled

Karen, I think the turquoise border is great! The green sashing and outer border go well, too.

Nice job! What will be its final use?

Donna

o

Very nice!
Theresa

o

Looks great.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

That's a very pretty quilt. I like the way you laid out the blocks.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Karen,
I like your sashing and border choices. They do tone down the brights in the blocks (which I happen to like!!!). Nicely done. I am sure whoever receives the quilt will be thrilled.

Sue

o

I think it looks great! Good job!

SharonG/FL

o

Karen, I think your quilt turned out beautifully. Good job!

o

Beautiful! You did the quilt blocks justice. Someone is going to love this quilt. Nice job.

o

You did a great job with the colors. I love the colors, but would never pick them for my home. I love when people post pictures and I get to see quilts I would never have dreamed of and yet they are wonderful.

o

I love the colors! You did good on the inner border choice and the assembly

Robbi

o

I think it's stunning. Might never have thought of the turquoise and it really makes everything work.
LindaB/CA

o

Thanks for the compliments, I do so appreciate them. I forgot to mention this was paper pieced, the paper is still on the back, 'til I figure out how it'll be finished. Perhaps our Charity Stash will have a compatible backing & then maybe I'll ask for a volunteer long armer.

To quote Bev above

" I love when people post pictures and I get to see quilts I would never have dreamed of and yet they are wonderful."

That's pretty much how I feel, I really got a kick out of working in colors & patterns which I would have never have chosen on my own.

Initially, I'd picked an off-white to try as border & sashing, but it washed everything out & the group voted it out. Then I saw the light green.

I see now the pic is slightly blurry, hope these closer ups are sharper.

I think the maker here (I've since learned her name is Karla) has a great color sense. I really admire how she could make such beauifully blended & harmonious arrangments of such intense, bright colors.

photo P1100872_zps1215a02a.jpg

and more

photo P1100871_zpsa87946c5.jpg

I love how vibrant it is, reminds me of spring & renewal!

o

Love the colors!

o

This is beautiful!

o

Very fresh and spring-like. I think it's beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here