Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinyteena

Quilter's Dozen - May 15th - quiltingfarmlady

Kristene Smith
11 years ago

This is the post where you can write when you send your block to Kay and where can write when she receives them.

Please Note: Kay is holding 2 positions in this group, therefore everyone must send 2 blocks to Kay.

Kristene

Comments (26)

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kay,
    I'm posting my blocks to you today to make sure they reach you in time. I loved your block and colour choices
    Kristene

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Kay,
    In the mail to you today...I agree with Kristine, lovely color choices with your block selection!
    Valarie

• patti60
    11 years ago

mine are ready but have to wait till the 3rd of may to mail. hope they get to on time.

• quiltingfarmlady
    10 years ago

Received Valarie's blocks (including a treasured extra!). They're just beautiful! Thank you, thank you! Once a few more arrive, I'll post a picture of them alternating with my last year's blocks in the same colors (QC). Can't wait to see how they fit together!

Kay

• chickie1
    10 years ago

Hi Kay,
    Mailing your blocks today. Hope you like the fabric I picked out. I think I used some of these colors last year. Happy Birthday!
    Darlene

• jackier123
    10 years ago

Kay,
    Your blocks went in the mail today.

Jackie

• polardream
    10 years ago

Kay,
    I forgot to let you know, but I mailed your blocks on Tuesday.
    Sue

• sandlapper_rose
    10 years ago

Well, I don't think I will be late: I bought my fabric on Saturday, washed it on Sunday, and will be sewing today. I'll post again when I get them in the mail. I'm challenging myself to finish both blocks today!

• quiltingfarmlady
    10 years ago

Darlene & Sue,

Your blocks have arrived and are just lovely! Thank you so much!

Kay

• sandlapper_rose
    10 years ago

Kay, your birthday blocks are on their way. The color combination is wonderful and I know you will have a beautiful quilt.
    Enjoy your special day!
    Jeanne

• jackier123
    10 years ago

Kay,
    Have the blocks that I sent arrived?

Jackie

• quiltingfarmlady
    10 years ago

Not yet, Jackie, but the mail is due in an hour or so. I'll check then.

Kay

• quiltingfarmlady
    10 years ago

Pat's blocks arrived today, Thank you!

Jackie, yours must still be en route.

Kay

• jackier123
    10 years ago

Hmm it has been a week now...A package and another letter that I sent the same day arrived at their destinations. I will give it through the weekend and if you have not gotten them I will make more.

Jackie

• meima
    10 years ago

Hi Kay,
    My blocks went into the mail yesterday. WV is close so I am pretty sure they will make your birthday. I hope the colors are what you had in mind.
    Debbie

• jackier123
    10 years ago

Hey Kay,

I am making more blocks and will ship them this week.

Jackie

• quiltingfarmlady
    10 years ago

Jackie, a whole stack came today, including yours! They must have been backlogged somewhere!

Also Debbie's, Kristene's, and Jeanne's. Whew! A very full mailbox of lovely squares. Thank you all so much, including the extra fabric and blocks that were sent.

I can't wait until we have a dry, still day (just finished a week of rain, windy today, frost tonight and another week of rain coming!).

I want to lay them out on a slope of lawn alternating with last year's quilter's choice blocks in the same colors, and see the patterns all flow into each other.

Many, many thanks... Kay

This post was edited by quiltingfarmlady on Mon, May 13, 13 at 18:38

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Finally! I sent your blocks off this afternoon...priority mail. My apologies for the lateness. They should arrive the day after your birthday at the latest.
    LindaB/CA

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow! I sent my blocks on April 18th - that means they have taken a little over 3 weeks to reach you - an all time slow.

Kristene

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday dear Kay,
    Happy Birthday to you!

On behalf of all the quilters in The Quilters Dozen, we hope you have a fantastic Birthday and your blocks all form a beautiful quilt

Kristene

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Hoping your block arrived today??? Seems like the guarantee isn't worth much otherwise ;-(

LindaB/CA

• quiltingfarmlady
    10 years ago

Yes, Linda, they did! Thank you so much for the extra as well! I had just come out of a doctor's appointment & DH called and said.. you got squishies today! It made all the errands I had to do before I got home much more pleasant, knowing there was a treat waiting for me!

Thanks again,
    Kay

• grammyp
    10 years ago

I am so sorry to always be late. Your blocks will go in the mail tomorrow.

beverly

• quiltingfarmlady
    10 years ago

Not to worry, Beverly, my real birthday is September 23, but September had so many birthdays in this group, that I "adopted" May. Looking forward to another squishy package when you have time!

Kay

• quiltingfarmlady
    10 years ago

Beverly, your beautiful blocks came over the weekend. Thank you so much!

Kay

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Glad you like them and thanks for letting me know.

beverly

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations