Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? April 11-13

lindaoh_gw
10 years ago

I loaded my Quilty Fun quilt on the frame yesterday and plan to quilt it today. When that quilt is done, I have the Relay for Life quilt to do for my quilt group. We finished the top at our meeting last night and cut a piece of backing for it.
Tomorrow, Saturday, our group is going to a small quilt show in a nearby town. It is at a church and they usually display most of the quilts in the sanctuary, draped over the pews. A member of our group has a quilt in the show.
What are you doing this weekend?
Linda OH

Comments (20)

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

No sewing here :(

have a crew coming today to bury fiber lines in the backyard, and kids to swap back after last nights' sleepovers.

Tomorrow is a cub scout civil war battlefield tour in the morning.
    Sunday DH is taking the girls to a college lacrosse game, so I'm home with the other kids.

Not sure what I'll get into here at home...

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Hopefully I'll get some time in the sewing room. I have handbell rehearsal all morning tomorrow then 3 church services Sunday (Palm Sunday is a biggie!). So, maybe I can squeeze in some sewing in between laundry and whatever else needs to be done.

Donna

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Been itch.ing to, but still need to perfect the hanging of my portable design wall and clean up some of the chaos in my sewing area. Moved the table, but now I need another extension cord to reach it. Also don't know if I'll keep sitting where I put the chair. Have only grazed the low ceiling so far, no hard head bumps.
    Sew on everyone, I'm always encouraged by how much you all accomplish.
    Linda/CA

This post was edited by quiltnhen on Fri, Apr 11, 14 at 12:01

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

I finished hand piecing 2 more Granny Square quilt blocks earlier this week and drew paper patterns for 3 Sylvia's Bridal Sampler (SBS) Quilt 6" blocks - Chimneys & Cornerstones, Contrary Wife, and Contrary Husband. Today and tomorrow I want to make some more SBS paper patterns and then at some point cut them all out and make plastic templates - putting all this in clear pages in a binder as I go. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

Best to you and yours,
    Sandra

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

No sewing here. We plan to leave in a couple hours for Northern Georgia. Going with DD3 and her DH to their cabin and meeting up with DD2, her DH and DGD. Might do a little mushrooming, go to an auction and just while away the time as we won't be staying long.

SharonG/FL

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Sharon, your trip sounds great! Have a good time and safe travels!

Donna

• calliope
    10 years ago

Yep, off to a good start this morning, after not quilting for two days.......so I got caught up on those two days, but need to hit it a lick tonight to get today's sewing done and keep on schedule. I said I wasn't going to do this one on a schedule, but the closer I get to finished, the more I want to set a deadline. LOL. Predictable in that respect when it comes to quilting. I think it's because I've enjoyed this one so much that I want to get it completed before it becomes a chore.

• grammyp
    10 years ago

I won't get home till 8 tonight, work in the am, then pick up the grands. But I plan on finishing up the graduation quilt and getting it on the frame. The wedding quilt I have decided to do on my domestic since it is more a wall hanging and has only straight lines to quilt, so hopefully will get it sandwiched. The grands are 10 and 7, they can get on the floor and pin that for me.

beverly

• jackier123
    10 years ago

Tomorrow is my Birthday and I have already forewarned the husband that I am just hanging out in my sewing room all day. I have the Celtic Solstice to bind, an Irish Chain to load on the frame and lots of other stuff to play with. Should I feel bad that I have told everyone that the best Birthday gift that they can give me is to leave me alone? :)

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Happy birthday, Jackie. Don't feel bad about wanting solitude on your special day. I feel the same way.

I decided to work only four days a week until retirement (as long as the work load allows). So, I took this Friday and next Monday off. My husband and I spent the day together just bumming around. Now I'm spicing some batting for my little scrap quilt and I hope to get it sandwiched and begin quilting. I haven't quite decided how to quilt it. I've also been working on blocks for my husband's Blockbuster quilt. Seven of 32 done.

I should get out in the yard a bit if the weather allows. This is going to be a spectacular four-day weekend.

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday Jackie!! Your day sounds perfect!

Lois...I am hoping to go to a four day week, but it's still uncertain. Ooh to have the time to sew away....

Bev, what a great idea, let the children do the pinning on the floor...hmmm I need to borrow those guys :-)

Sharon, your trip sounds relaxing...makes me want to get away!

Sandra, hand piecing? I can't imagine I would ever have the time or the patience for that route... Enjoy!

Jen, I know you are missing your room, it won't be long...

I've got two tops ready for quilting and so I'm hoping to at least find some hours on Sunday to get started. I ordered fresh (machine) needles for these projects and hope they arrive in time for me to start.

Happy sewing everyone!

V.

• ritaweeda
    10 years ago

Weekend for the grand-kids, so sewing is out. This is the last day for the County Fair so we will take them this afternoon. Tomorrow they might try the pool for the first time this year, I can hear the shrieking already (It's Freeeeezzzzing!) Not for me. I do have a quilt project going, kind of one of those evolving deals with no real pattern. Sometimes these things work and sometimes they don't. It's slow going though, it's been great weather here in Central Florida and it won't last long. In another month it will be too hot for me to do a lot outside and I still have a lot of work to do out there. I suffer chronic lower back pain and this is the first year in probably 3 that I have managed to completely weed and mulch the beds all around the house and also cleaned out the herb garden (or should I say weed garden?) Also the vegetable garden has needed all the preparation for changing out the winter crops to the summer ones. I'm not complaining, we moved on this 5 acre place to do all this stuff but I didn't stop and think about getting older every year. LOL!

• bev2009
    10 years ago

Happy birthday, Jackie! I hope you really unwind while enjoying your day.

I've started cutting out the wallhanging for the porch. I hope to get some time for that today or tomorrow. However, the lovely weather is only going to last the weekend, so I need to finish cleaning out the flower beds, go to a birthday party, and visit my very sick sister in the hospital, which is about an hour away.

• polardream
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday, Jackie! I hope you have a productive day!

I am getting ready to leave for our local shop hop with a friend. Because our quilt shops are so far apart in northern Colorado, the shops all come to one of the exhibition buildings at our county fairgrounds so it is one-stop shopping for us! WOOHOO. DH gave me a pre-paid Visa card this morning and said to have fun - now that is one great guy!

I will put the binding on a baby quilt later and then sandwich a second baby quilt that needs to be finished this month. Snow is coming in tomorrow, so maybe tomorrow afternoon after church will get a chance to start on that one.

Sounds like everyone is really busy!
    Sue

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Happy bday, Jackie!

This weekend I'm working on my recent lotto winnings. I used 15 of the blocks for a lap quilt and hope to finish it this weekend. I'm struggling thru another bad bout of vertigo and can't drive but I can sew!

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday Jackie!

Today I may get out the hand applique and work on it a bit.

I'm winding down from the wedding on Tybee Island GA, and am physically and mentally exhausted. The kids have gone to FL for their honeymoon.
    I'm way too tired to actually think about sewing, or do anything that requires thinking.
    The wedding went off without a hitch, the weather was beautiful, the venue (Tybee Island Wedding Chapel), the food, the flowers, everything was perfect. And even the event Orange Crush held off until we were off-island yesterday. My dsd broke out in tears in the nail salon Thursday when we heard that the Orange Crush event was starting this weekend. but it really didn't affect us. I felt so sorry for the folks setting up for their wedding yesterday at the Chapel when I went to pick up one thing that got left there. Traffic on-island was already at peak and the cops were out in force.

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Marji, I'm glad to hear the wedding went so well! We were in Savannah on 4th of July a few years ago and tried to get to the Tybee lighthouse. Finally gave up after a few hours stuck in traffic on the island!

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Well this just ain't fair...I was cruising along, stippling my little heart out on my first really modern quilt...pleased I was going to finish today.... So the little oil lite came on, so I stopped action, added oil as per the manual, attempted to start up and the needle is hitting on the fly wheel and won't complete the action. So I take the machine apart as much as feasible...still no luck. Sooo I rant alittle out loud,,,DH acknowledges ranting coming from the upper floor of the house...I rant some more and realize there's nothing I can do except rant. Soooo I'll need to leave work early tomorrow, travel north and take Ms. QE 440, aka Sylvia to Dr. Bernina...I'm not a happy quilter right now...

thanks for letting me rant..?$#@!?
    V.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Rant away, V. Nobody understands like we do!

It ended up that DGD stayed home. She was supposed to be cleaning her room and we learned via FB she was having a yard sale. She made over $100 and her parents are wondering what they'll find missing when they return home! That girl doesn't let any grass grow under her feet as far as making money when she wants something extra. LOL We had a good time and I was happy to spend time with the girls and their DH's. Eight hours up Friday afternoon and 8 hours back Sunday afternoon and all the places we went inbetween has just worn me out! But, I got to see their cabin and a few friends I haven't seen in awhile plus, happened onto a little quilt shop by the flea market. They were having a sale at $4 a yard of very nice fabric! So, I did what any quilter would have done! Bought some yardage while the rest of the group went through the flea market! It was meant to be!

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Oh, V, that is so frustrating.

Yard Sale? I inventory the house.

Ok, so the 48 hour bug hit our house. Youngest DGS had it Wed & Thurs. I had it Fri and Sat, DH got it Sun (he actually missed a day of work, his second in 34 years), oldest DGS woke up feeling bad this morning. Sigh, I'm tired of washing sheets.

I did piece a backing yesterday, then discovered I had the one-way print going the wrong way, so had to frog stitch. Lesson learned, no sewing with a stomach virus.

beverly

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting