Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favourite sites for quilting tutorials and butterfly template

Posted by mcpeg (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 7:18

Hi Everyone,

I am a self taught quilter originally using books back in the 80's. Today I scour the internet and YouTube for tutorials.

I found a very good online quilt tutorial spot I'd like to share. Do you have any favourite spots on the internet you go to for tutorials? Or free patterns? I thought it might be fun for all of us to share.

Also if anyone wants that butterfly I'm using from my Great Aunt's collection (that's her template) - I can send you a scanned copy to print and cut out to fix to cardboard to make your own template - just email me. It's a very old design and as far as I know has no copyright on it.

Here's a link to get us started - with multiple tutorials for quilting:

Here is a link that might be useful: Connecting Threads Tutorials

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favourite sites for quilting tutorials and butterfly template

Email on it's way.....thank you.

SharonG/FL

o

I love butterflies so I would like your pattern also. Thanks

o

Hi, please email me through my members page if you'd like a pattern. I have not chosen to have all the additional comments to this post automatically emailed to me - you have to email directly please.

Cheers,
Peggy

o

Thanks for the link to Connecting Threads Tutorials, Peggy!
I added that site to my Bookmarks.

I like to watch Nancy Zieman's demonstrations. She is on YouTube. You can type in her name there and find many tutorials. She also airs on Wisconsin Public Television, showing oodles of sewing/quilting techniques.

Julie

o

Hi Everyone,

I found the second butterfly template which is the next size up. Ran out of steam today playing with the quilts, stacking some wood (needed a break) among other things.

I have my scanner pulled out now for the morning so I can scan them and email them to those who have contacted me. I may try to upload them to photobucket and link them back here so people can save the image and just enlarge the image to print to size.

Thanks for mentioning Nancy - I watched her shows years ago and I keep forgetting about videos online...well duh!

Keep the links coming - we are all at different levels of skillsets so all links are appreciated.

Cheers and nighty night folks!
Peggy

o
RE: Favourite sites for quilting tutorials and butterfly templat

Thank you, Peggy.

SharonG/FL

o

If I have a question i either post it here or look it up on youtube. I don't have a particular site i visit for tutorials. Except for Leah Day's free motion quilting demos.

Kate

o

I am unable to watch many tutorials because of internet connection (on satellite and buffering is too long) but that is another story. One site that has a lot of videos is thequiltshow.com. You can join for free or a nominal charge for a years membership. It features Alex Anderson and Ricky Timms as well as a lot of other well known quilters. The site is pretty interesting even if you can't watch the videos.
I like the projects link.
Here is the link to the site.
Murphy

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.thequiltshow.com/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here