Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Searching for Fabric Bowls pattern

Posted by murphy_zone7 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 26, 12 at 6:11

Hello everyone...I think I remember someone here made some kind of fabric bowl/cover for using in the microwave to prevent burning your hands on the hot bowl. My elderly mother is having a problem getting hot bowls and plates out of the microwave and I think I remember seeing these somewhere....maybe here????
(I am not as elderly as my Mom but my memory just ain't what it used to be LOL)
If anyone remembers what I am talking about, I would appreciate any information. I did a google search and nothing came up like I am remembering.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Murphy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Searching for Fabric Bowls pattern

Hi,

What a great idea! I found this on the net - see link.

Cheers,
Peggy

Here is a link that might be useful: Microwave Fabric Bowls

o

This is a great idea! Thanks for finding the tutorial, Peggy!

I've made fabric bowls, but haven't made any for the microwave. The ones I have wouldn't work because I used that heavy fusible material for shaping. But the idea is similar and I'm adding microwave bowls to my ToDo list. What a great housewarming gift these would be, along with a couple nice soup bowls!

Kate

o

Murphy, here is the one Caroline posted on this forum.

Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: Bowl holder

o

Donna, I knew Caroline had posted a pic of her bowl holder and the URL to QIAD for the tute. You found it faster than I did! Figures......it's still morning and my brain doesn't wake up til noon.

I wonder if she has them in her Etsy store.....anyone know?

SharonG/FL

o

I had forgotten that Caroline posted this before. I'm so glad for the reminder about these bowls!

o

I hope Caroline pops by - I sent her an email through the Quilt In A Day forum site letting her know we're interested in her fabric bowls.

Cheers,
Peggy

o

Thank you Peggy for finding the tutorial but the one I remember is the one Donna posted from caroline. Can not believe it was just in January of this year and I posted a comment about it! And still forget it....but I did remember the bowl idea which is fantastic. I think making it larger would be easy and would fit larger plates/bowls that are used in the microwave.
I am telling you....I miss my mind and wish it would come back! lol
Thanks to all of you. Now to make a note, tack it to the wall, or pin to my shirt, and make a couple of these for my mom. Before I forget again.
Bless all of you,
Murphy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here