Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Let Sleeping Cats Lie

Posted by dian57 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 4, 11 at 5:50

I finished the quilt in the nick of time. My aunt's surprise birthday party was this past Saturday and she's a BIG cat fan. My long-arm quilter did a wonderful job for me and my aunt couldn't be happier with it.

Photobucket

Can you pick out the one reversed sqaure? I found it after appliquing the 48 pink ears and 24 pink noses. At that point, it was staying that way!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Let Sleeping Cats Lie

Absolutely tremendous! I love cats too, and you have done a fabulous job on this quilt. I couldn't pick out the reversed square.
Kristene

o

Such a cute quilt! Your aunt is blessed.

o

Such a nice gift. I love cats also, so is the reverse square on the tan color cat's ear on the upper right side? I studied this for a long time, and that was the best I could come up with.

o

Dian, I started this quilt years ago and abandoned it because I didn't like the way it was going. Now that I see yours I think I need to get back to it. Everything else I have is a WIP (Work in Process) but this one was truly abandoned. Yours is absolutely adorable!

Kate

o

Wow! Great job! I love it!
Karlene

o

That's a great quilt, Dian! I like it with the one block reversed. Cats are notorious for doing their own thing!

SharonG/FL

o

I really want to do this one day. Great job and I am glad your aunt appreciates all you hard work. How about the browj cat on the top right? But who would know? Jayne

o

That is adorable!! I thought about making my mother one like that, but she said she preferred one with flowers. I hand applique a lot of flowers and I think that is what she was hinting at. That is one lucky aunt!!

Robbi

o

Beautiful!! I bought the pattern to make for my daughter. Hope mine turns out as lovely as yours!!! Can't tell about a block, it looks perfect.
Rosa

o

Thanks for all the kind words, girls. Yes, that top right square has the cats curling to the right while all the others curl left. Cats sure can be independent!

o

Cats are independent - but your quilt is beautiful! I am sure your Aunt loves it!
Sue

o

Love it and I'm sure your aunt is grateful for your kindness and creativity. Jennifer did a larger one that looked similar at the retreat. Jen, Bev, did you notice the mice? So cute.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here