Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wedding quilt finished

Posted by vicky4x4 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 28, 11 at 5:42

"The Rose" made for my daughter Tia Rose and her husband JR. I took it to them last night and it looks so beautiful on their bed.
Vicky

Photobucket

The quilting was done by a friend of my daughter's that lives in KY.
Photobucket

The label
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wedding quilt finished

WOW!!! Vicky! That is absolutely beautiful! WOW!

o

What a treasure! How long did you work on it? It is gorgeous!

Rebecca

o

Beyond beautiful! Well done, Vicky! I'm sure this is destined to be a family heirloom.

Teresa

o

Absolutely breathtaking! Beautiful heirloom.
I love your label.

o

STUNNING!!!!!!
Theresa

o

You are an artist. Opening this link, I knew the quilt would be beautiful but this exceeds expectations. Simply WOW.

Kate

o

That is magnificent Vicky. You should be very pleased with your accomplishment. That is really a treasure.

o

That is truly a work of art, which I'm sure they will treasure always. Spectacular!

o

Vicky, it is stunning! Beautiful colors, beautiful applique, beautiful quilting!

Is it hand appliqued?

Donna

o

Oh my gosh - that is absolutely incredible! Your daughter and son in law are truly blessed to received such a beautiful gift, made and given with love.
Sue

o

In my opinion, this belongs in a museum. I hope they truly appreciate the workmanship and beauty of it.

o

Donna- no I machine appliqued this quilt and it is machine quilted too.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. They are very happy to have it. It went from my hands right on their bed :-) I made pillow shams to match.

o

Vicky, you do wonderful work! I know they will cherish it forever.

beverly

o

I agree with the other comments, this quilt is absolutely stunning! It looks like a blue ribbon winner in a quilt show. Congratulations on completing such a lovely and meaningful gift.

o

How lovely!

o

A true gift of love. What a beautiful piece of art you have given your daughter. Beyond words. TFS. Jayne

o

Vicky, This is absolutely a winner in every sense of the word! It's beautiful!

SharonG/FL-IN

o

Vicky, that is just wonderful. They will be so proud to show it to all visitors and treasure it long after our generation is gone. Good job.

o

It is truly lovely! Thanks for sharing!

o

Absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!! I need to work on my machine applique skills, your look perfect.
I love the scalloped border.
Rosa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here