Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

I couldn't resist....

loisflan
11 years ago

Even though I have fabric for two other quilts, I couldn't resist buying fabric for this beauty from Quilts Made Modern by Weeks Ringle & Bill Kerr. It's called Beach Glass. Isn't that a perfect name?

I also bought their new book, Transparency Quilts. It is full of beautiful modern quilts that feature a "transparency" look - one color overlying another to make a third. I can't wait to try one of those. Finding just the right colors is probably the hardest part of making those quilts.

Comments (16)

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Those colors are lovely and appropriatly named. I need to check it out...as if I need more fabric in my stash.

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Love the colours
    Theresa

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Oh, Lois, I just LOVE those colors! Nice quilt, too. Do you have a beach house to use it in, or is it wishful thinking? :)

Donna

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Lovily combination of colors. It is bound to be a very pretty quilt and yes, beach grass is a good name. My favorite spot and heading there next weekend.

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

The colors are gorgeous and I love the quilt! That book, and the transparency one too, sound like books I need to look up.

Kate

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

I love them too!!! The quilt on the book looks so peaceful!
    Rosa

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Beautiful fabrics....your color choice is very calming.
    Perfect name - Beach glass. (I wish I was at the beach right now:)

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Donna, we don't have a beach house in the traditional sense - Cape Cod, waves washing ashore - but we do live on a lake here in Minnesota in a western suburb of Minneapolis. The only beach glass we get is an occational beer bottle that might float ashore - not too romantic. But it is a beautiful spot, and we are very fortunate to be here.

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Lois, I didn't know you were in Mpls...hubby's sister and her hubby live in Blaine...do you know where that is? It's been years since we were up there. Last visit we went to Lake Itasca Nat'l Park and to Park Rapids - cute little town!

Donna

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

I used to live in a suburb of Minneapolis; Hopkins, not too far from Lake Minnetonka. Beautiful area! Does Lord Fletchers on The Lake still do Sunday brunch???

Kate

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Donna, Blaine is one of the northern suburbs of the Twin Cities; we are directly west on Lake Minnetonka, as Kate guessed. It would be so much fun to have visitors, if you ever get up this way again.

Kate, Lord Fletcher's is still very much a place to be on a hot summer evening, and, yes, they still have Sunday brunch. Can't wait to put our boat in. This week, weather willing.

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Lois, I hope you can put your boat in the lake soon! We're not likely to be up there any time soon...the farther I am from DH's sister, the better. LOL

Donna

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ooooh - one of those SILs. I'm lucky I don't have any of those.

We picked up the pontoon boat from storage tonight, and my DH just suggested that we might launch it tomorrow before I leave for work. I commented that it will probably be about 40 degrees tomorrow morning at 7, but he still seemed to think it would be a good idea. Men!

• User
    11 years ago

Lois I love the idea and name of the quilt. Isn't it like opening a brand new box of crayons? Can't wait to see how things progress.

Cheers,
    Peggy

• luvtosharedivs
    11 years ago

Lois, I know what it's like to have fabric for two ( or more) other quilts, and then NEEDING to buy more fabric for a great new pattern!

I am reminded how beautiful a quilt can look, designed with solids. Your choices are lovely, easy on the eyes:)

Looking forward to viewing the finished project.

Julie

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Peggy, what a great analogy! I loved getting new crayons when I was a kid.

Julie, I think I had fabric for five quilts a while ago, but I've been busy. I promised myself not to start on the newest one until the older ones are done. I have two at the LAQ right now. I hope she works fast. I really want them back home.