Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Tandem Rally Quilt finished

grammyp
11 years ago

I finished the quilt just in time for the tandem rally. Folks will start arriving tomorrow and we will give it away Saturday. This is the front, the cream in the center is for everyone to sign a block.

This is the "lable" and our signature block.

It is supposed to be a lovely weekend for riding. Hope everyone has a great time.

beverly

Comments (14)

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Great job Beverly! Looks like you have been busy!

Maryv

• calliope
    11 years ago

I've always loved that block pattern and how clever to use it for a signature quilt! Very effective and a wonderful way to make a memory of an event.

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Hope your weather is beautiful!
    The quilt is perfect for the event - as usual. You and Tim are spoiling the riders - as usual :)
    The signatures will make an extra special keepsake!
    I love your label. Have fun.

• msmeow
    11 years ago

It looks great, Beverly! Have a great ride!

• day2day
    11 years ago

Great job.
    The colors sparkle against the background.
    Nice idea to make it a signature quilt.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Cool quilt, Beverly. Perfect for the rally.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone. One of the riders last year said we proved to his wife that Southern Hospitality does exist. That is what we are going for. Some riders are coming in this afternoon, but the first ride is not till Friday about 1 to give others time to arrive in the morning. We have routes mapped and cue sheets printed ready to go. I have 2 pound cakes and 8 dozen oatmeal cookies ready to party. Weather permitting we will go to the lake with the kayaks and canoes Sat. afternoon in case anyone wants to float a bit. It is supposed to be in the low 80s for the first time Sat., so that should be fun.

I have fallen in love with the gray fabric and have started is search for more. It is soft, sews, and quilts like a dream. I bought 2 fabrics last year and ended up using the lighter sandy looking one for the back since the quilt top had a lot of white in it. This year I used this one because it sort of looks like asphalt. Now I want to use it in a quilt for me. With any luck I can find more. I do have enough left for a top, but not a backing.

Off to eat lunch before folks get here.
    beverly

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Beverly ~ I was going to ask you if you knew the name of the gray background fabric~I really like it also. I'll help you look for it!

I'm sure you and Tim represent Southern Hospitality at its best!

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

Beverly I really like your signature quilt and how colorful it is. Hope you have a great time at your bike rally. TFS!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Lucky winner! Your a "good" person to put so much effort into the rally but it is all appreciated by the sounds. Your quilt is perfect and such a nice momento of the occasion.
    Have a great time.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sadly I don't remember who made it, there is nothing on the selvage, and it is died to the edge. I got it at Hancock Fabric, but that was a little over a year ago. Thanks for helping look for it. I have some small pieces and would be glad to send you one if it will help.

beverly

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Could you send a piece to Hancock's and have them check for more???
    Theresa

good quilt too.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Beverly, I was going to ask you about your background fabric as I really like it, too. And, it looks great as a background in the quilt. You and Tim make a great team!

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I had not thought of sending Hancocks a piece. Good idea, thanks.

Thanks, Sharon. I think we make a good team, too.

beverly