Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

It's quilted!

lindaoh_gw
12 years ago

I have had this quilt on the frame for at least two weeks. I was ready to start quilting when my DD got sick and I went to stay with her for almost a week.

I wasn't in the mood to quilt until Saturday. Now it just needs the binding. I hope to add that tomorrow.

Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Kids quilt made from BOMs

Comments (12)

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

What an interesting way to layout 12" blocks! That "lattice" really makes a statement!

Great job!

• msmeow
    12 years ago

That's a nice looking quilt, Linda! And almost finished!

Donna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

I really like that setting, Linda. Great looking quilt.

SharonG/FL

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

And now it is finished! I put the binding on by machine this afternoon. Since it is going to a kid, I decided to do the binding totally by machine. I also caught two edges of the label in the binding so I only have to hand stitch two sides of the label. I must be getting lazy! LOL
    Linda OH

• bev2009
    12 years ago

Very interesting layout. It looks great! Some child is going to be very happy to get it.

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

I really like it too! I always machine sew bindings for kids quilts, actually any quilt I know will loved a lot! I'm not so sure it makes it more durable but it sure is faster!
    Rosa

• sherwoodva
    12 years ago

Very pretty quilt. Did you do all the quilting by hand? That was really fast!

• luvtosharedivs
    12 years ago

The pattern actually makes me envision a campground, with paths between the various camping/activity areas.

Very well planned out...I love it!

Julie

• loisflan
    12 years ago

Linda, very clever way to make 12 blocks stretch into a nice-sized quilt. When you design a pattern like this, do you draw it out on graph paper first? How do you know which blocks to sew together first? Questions, questions.

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lois, I didn't design the setting of the quilt. It is the BQ2 pattern and I used blocks from a block of the month. The pattern actually shows large print fabrics for the blocks. I thought it would be a good way to make 12 blocks into a larger size quilt. The size is 54" X 72". When I do design a quilt, I use EQ7 on the computer.

The camp where this quilt will go is for kids from elementary to high school age. I usually try to make a quilt that an older child may choose.
    The quilts are hung from the balcony rails and the kids choose a quilt on the first day of camp. I've never been there but they always show slides at a guild meeting. The last couple of years, they have taken pictures of the kids with their quilts for the guild members. We get to keep the picture with our quilt.
    If there are any quilts left after camp, they give them to children who are in the hospital for cancer treatments.
    Linda OH

• missflippins
    12 years ago

Beautiful quilt! The kids will love it, and it couldn't go to a better cause. Quilting guild members must derive a great deal of satisfaction knowing that their quilt will brighten the day for some young person.
    Corinne

• fran1523
    12 years ago

Very nice. I will have to keep that in mind for future projects. Thanks for sharing.