Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2011 March UFO completions

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 6, 11 at 22:37

I couldn't find the thread for March UFOs, so I'll just start another. These just needed binding, and I have one more quilted and hope to get it bound this week. I put these together for the Quilt and Lose Team on Spark People. They sent lots of HSTs and I got 6 quilts made. Three are now finished.

Q&L Girl quilt 1 for Project Linus

Q&L Girl quilt 2 for Project Linus

Q&L Boy quilt 1 for Project Linus

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2011 March UFO completions

You have been busy. They all look great....love the scrappy ones. You did a nice job putting all those HSTs together.

I am not familiar with the Quilt and Lose Team on Spark People. Is that a charitable organization?

~Geraldine

o

Boy! You sure have been busy. HST's are so versatile. Great job!

SharonG/FL

o

Your quilts look so happy! They will bring a lot of joy!

Beautiful job!

Gwen

o

Geraldine, Spark People is a website that offers nutrition and exercise support for those of us trying to lose weight and improve our health. It has interest teams, sort of like GW has forums. I am co-leader of the Quilt and Lose team. When we reached 500 members everyone who wanted to celebrate sent me HSTs for Project Linus Quilts and/or signature blocks to one of the other leaders for Quilts of Valor. Then I had all the problems with the machine, sent it back, tension problems .... and I'm just now getting them all finished. But I'm sure Project Linus will love to have them anyway.

beverly

o

Love your quilts, very nice and great work.

o

Beverly, thanks for taking the time to explain.

Sounds great. Everyone wins. The group loses those extra unhealthy pounds and Quilts of Valor and Project Linus gain those beautiful quilts. That's awesome.

~Geraldine

o

Great job. I think you could make quilts out of most anything. But, they always turn out so pretty. I hope you'll make one for yourself one of these days. LOL

o

You are welcome Geraldine. Linda, I have my batik collection almost completed to start the quilt for my bed! DH said he will believe it when he sees it, but it is all washed and laying on top of the dryer. I'm considering washing one more time (it is batik after all) just to be sure it won't bleed. I hope to bring the blocks to camp this year and work on them there.

beverly

o

Beverly, Those are great. Just shows what a little immagination can do. Love scrappy and yours are wonderful. Congratulations. TFS Jayne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here