Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weekend plans for March 26-27?

Posted by lindaoh (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 25, 11 at 22:29

I hope to load another quilt on the frame. Last weekend I quilted my Twister quilt and still have to finish hand stitching the binding. I also want to finish some place mats that I started this week. I used left over fabric from the table runner to make the mats.
What are you quilting this weekend?

Linda OH

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weekend plans for March 26-27?

As it happened.....my sister asked me to make a lap quilt for her man friend's birthday in June.....the day after I returned from my stash shopping in Lancaster....ahem...

He really likes the Flying Geese design, so I am making him the Flying Home to Bali Bali quilt from my Nickel Quilts book. Still have lots of plaids in "manly" hues that I will mix with other prints and batiks in blues, greens, browns, and golds. But I might have to buy some background lights.

Yesterday I ordered the new Nickel Quilts book of seven new designs and loads of pieced border patterns. The Flying Home quilt has a pieced border of geese that are not positioned in the usual manner, but turned with the point on the side.

Can't wait to get started!
Teresa

o

I have 2 more BD blocks to make, so I hope to work on those this week-end and get all the envelopes addressed. I've started sewing scrappy whites and neutral strips onto a muslin foundation and have half of them made. Hope to get a good start on the rest of them this week-end. It's scrappy, but not so hard on the eyes.

SharonG/FL

o

Too many other things to do have gotten in the way of time to sew this weekend. I may get a bit of time to cut some scrap fabric into tumblers, squares and other shapes if I am lucky!

o

I'm finishing a large wall-hanging top today then going to get cracking on the pile that needs quilting. First up is a table runner to get back into the swing of it, then I have 2 group-made baby quilts to get done and on their way. I'm hoping to finish the top and quilt the table runner this weekend.

Donna

o

Cleaning my sewing room today ... I pulled a bunch of stuff out last week for a class and it is STILL all over the place! Trying to finish up my last round for the Cross Country Quilters round robing (I THINK it is done - need to look at it a little longer)

I am actually going to be working on scrapbooking more this weekend than sewing (if I get the cleaning done!)

o

I finished a birthday quilt yesterday & am finishing up the applique on a celebration quilt for our pastor & his wife. That quilt is a cooperation effort - 7 of us - each w/a different task. I love to applique so I get to do 56 2-3 section pomegranates!
I had hoped to take a break & paint my new shelves DH built for me last week, but it's too cold to paint unless I bring them into the house (from the garage). I really don't want to paint in my sewing room! NOT a good idea! This is TOO frustrating for me - the shelves are for my ever-growing stash, & I'm SO anxious to fill them up! (which interprets "clean my sewing room" !
If it isn't warm enough by Wed, I'm taking a heater to the garage! It's attached, so it shouldn't take much to get it toasty :)

~Cindy

o

Today I made the birthday block for Cindy (her birthday is April 14)I can't believe I have it done. I also made the same block for me. As I make a birthday block I make one for me. Then at the end of the year I will have 12 squares and I can make them into a sampler quilt. Tomorrow I hope to work on a quilt I've been working on for 1 1/2 years. It too is a sampler quilt. I have the blocks done but now in the process of framing the blocks. Not sure how I'm going to finish it with sashing and borders. The pattern calls for sawtooth sashing but I'm not sure if I will do it or not. I'm kinda ready to get the quilt top done.
Darlene

o

I made a good start on the Flying geese blocks yesterday and will continue sewing them today. Also sewed the borders on the Building Blocks baby quilt. Had to remove a sashing on the bottom of these blocks because it would make a double border of white on the bottom...grrrrr....See? I told you I was sashing challenged!

Doing the Geese by the Nickel Square method is fast and easy! One 5" dark square (nickel) and one 5" light nickel; make two HST, sew them up in the middle = one large Flying Geese block! Easy, peasy, double squeezy! I found I had a lot more TOT off-white in my stash than I thought - which is a good thing! I like to use scrappy background fabrics when making a scrappy quilt.

I'm off to sew this rainy morning! It is cold here today and dreary, a good day to stay inside. Plus I'm still getting over a bad cold/throat infection that started on the way back home from Lancaster last Sunday. I wasn't surprised to hear that it has snowed in Washington and elsewhere....again. I knew winter wasn't over yet!

Teresa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here