Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2nd Special LOTTO - Paper Piecing 2014

Posted by k8orlando (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 22:01

Our first quarter paper piecing lotto turned out even better than we expected! We had great participation and enough beautiful heart blocks to make a nice quilt. Let's try another block and do it again!

Paper Piecing Lotto
2nd Quarter 2014

Along with the regular monthly Lotto, we are going to have one block each quarter for those who want to try something special. As with the regular Lotto, you can make 1, 2 or 3 blocks. Mail them to littlehelen by the end of the quarter along with $1 to cover mailing the blocks to the winner.

If you have questions, post them below or refer to the 2014 Lotto at a Glance post for general lotto instructions.

2nd Quarter - due 6/30 - paper pieced 12" Birdhouse in bright fabrics. This is a very basic paper piece pattern and a great way to give this method a try if you haven't done one before. When you print the templates, be sure to check the 1 inch square and see if it measures 1 inch. If it doesn't, your block won't be the right size. If you have trouble, let us know and we'll offer suggestions to get it the right size. If all else fails, I can print some pages and mail them to you.

This is a fun block and any bright colors are OK. I think they'll all fit together and make a cheerful quilt. For the holes, you can fuse or applique holes on, or just skip that part and let the winner decide if they want to add buttons or felt circles instead.

Here's the one from quilterscache.com:
 photo Birdhouse_zpsa77d8364.gif

Here's one I made (it's prettier in person!)
 photo photo_zpsb18c623c.jpg

Here's the link to the block at Quilter Cache:
Birdhouse Block

Have fun!
Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2nd Special LOTTO - Paper Piecing 2014

I love your block! The fabric choices are perfect. I'm looking forward to giving this one a try.
V.

o
It's so cheerful!

I don't know if Val has received many blocks for this special paper piece lotto but you all still have a month to get a block done and sent in. I thought this one was fun and the color choices are endless! Use some of the scraps you've generated from April/May lotto brights and June lotto grays.

Wouldn't these blocks look cute tied together with a bird fabric border? Or some polka dot binding?

Kate

o

One little birdhouse...

o

two little birdhouses....

o

three little birdhouses....

o

Love it, Val!

Where did you find that pine cone black/green batik??? I need some!

o

Kate...The green pine cone is from a scrap bin at Jinny Beyer's VA shop, along with the green in the house...love those scrap bins!

This post was edited by littlehelen on Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 19:54

o

There's still time to use up some of your scraps and enter this Special Paper Piece Lotto! Who wouldn't want a cute wallhanging of colorful birdhouses?!?

o

Working on it!
Theresa

o

This was FUN!!! My sister, Patty, was here and she taught me how to do this....did not put on buttons, however, but will mail next week.

o

How cute!

o

And I will only do one this month. And please do not put my name in the draw.
Theresa

o

Pretty ones, Theresa!

o

Twenty seven (9 blocks) of just adorable Birdhouses! Drawing Monday Night!

o

Adorable! What a great wallhanging or small quilt!

o

totally CUTE!!

o

Who else may be on line and can select a number between 1 and 6, inclusive, for these adorable Birdhouses?
V.

o

Theresa here! Number 3 is my choice!

o

Well Well...Ms K8 won these adorable birdhouses!

Congratulations...these are super cute when assembled!

This post was edited by littlehelen on Mon, Jun 30, 14 at 19:59

o

Woo HOO!
I wasn't going to have my name in this lotto but now that I see the blocks I'm glad I forgot to tell you!

I'll do something fun with them. Thanks to all who made blocks!

Kate

o

oh now...Kate is perfect for those lil birdhouses!!! I cannot WAIT to see what creation (or creations!) comes from this batch!! They are darling, too!!! Congrats, Kate!

o

Congrats Kate! I know you will make something very special with these great blocks. Well done everyone! Each one is so cute & whimsical.

o

Congrats, Kate! I wanted to do this block but never got around to it with traveling and moms being here. Glad you won.

Sue

o

Rcvd the blocks today! Woo HOO! This is going to be fun!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here