Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

2nd Special LOTTO - Paper Piecing 2014

K8Orlando
10 years ago

Our first quarter paper piecing lotto turned out even better than we expected! We had great participation and enough beautiful heart blocks to make a nice quilt. Let's try another block and do it again!

Paper Piecing Lotto
2nd Quarter 2014
Along with the regular monthly Lotto, we are going to have one block each quarter for those who want to try something special. As with the regular Lotto, you can make 1, 2 or 3 blocks. Mail them to littlehelen by the end of the quarter along with $1 to cover mailing the blocks to the winner.

If you have questions, post them below or refer to the 2014 Lotto at a Glance post for general lotto instructions.

2nd Quarter - due 6/30 - paper pieced 12" Birdhouse in bright fabrics. This is a very basic paper piece pattern and a great way to give this method a try if you haven't done one before. When you print the templates, be sure to check the 1 inch square and see if it measures 1 inch. If it doesn't, your block won't be the right size. If you have trouble, let us know and we'll offer suggestions to get it the right size. If all else fails, I can print some pages and mail them to you.

This is a fun block and any bright colors are OK. I think they'll all fit together and make a cheerful quilt. For the holes, you can fuse or applique holes on, or just skip that part and let the winner decide if they want to add buttons or felt circles instead.

Here's the one from quilterscache.com:

Here's one I made (it's prettier in person!)

Here's the link to the block at Quilter Cache:
Birdhouse Block

Have fun!
Kate

Comments (24)