Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Celestial Dreams - Laurel Burch / ALS Quilt

Posted by k8orlando (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 3, 12 at 20:27

I've finished the quilt I'm donating to our local ALS Association for a raffle. I used the panels from Laurel Burch's Celestial Dreams and several of the coordinating fabrics, with a pretty batik for the backing. The quilt design is mine. Orlando's longarm wizard, Mary Beth, did the quilting for me. The quilt is intended for either a wallhanging or a lap quilt, even a wheelchair lap quilt - it's 40"x40". We start the raffle on Monday at an ALS benefit restaurant event, then we'll show it Friday at a fundraising walk and throughout the spring at other events. We're planning to do the drawing on July 4th. Wish us luck!

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Celestial Dreams - Laurel Burch / ALS Quilt

Beautiful~~I think it speaks volumes & should raise a lot of money for ALS. The size is perfect.

You are so clever in your handling of panels. Mary Beth did a wonderful job quilting. She is very talented.

You should feel very proud.

o

Beautiful! The colors are perfect and the quilting is exquisite!

o

Thank you for your comments! My friend's ALS support and fundraising group is called The Sunshine Walkers, so the Burch panels and the sunburst mariners compass seemed to fit.

o

It turned out just as lovily as I knew it would. The quilting is wonderful. I do hope it makes tons of money for you cause as it is beautiful in many ways. TFS

o

It's a striking design Kate. The quilting is great. I hope it raises a lot of money for your cause.

o

Wonderful design and wonderful quilting. You should raise lots with that one. Good job, Kate. It's truly beautiful.

o

Kate, you must be so pleased with the results. You chose the perfect colors to coordinate with the panels. And even the fabrics are celestial. I love the striped sashing. I think it's a wonderful quilt, and I hope you get great participation in the raffle.

o

It's beautiful in all respects. The pattern, the fabric and the quilting. It has a happy, dreamlike aura about it and that's perfect.

One doesn't hear about ALS often, but I just found out a past work-mate and friend, with whom I'd lost contact, recently passed away from this condtion and I was very shaken. She was at the prime of her life. I hope your group raises lots of money and awareness, and Godspeed a cure.

o

Beautiful Quilt. I love the designs that Laurel Burch made.

o

OMG Kate it is beautiful! I would have a very hard time letting it go, but it is for a very worthy cause.
I am sure it will bring in $$$$$.
She really did a great job, the quilting compliments the quilt perfectly.
Rosa

o

You are an awesome quilt designer, Kate!
Your "Orlando longarm wizard" is also extremely gifted.
You have created a lovely donation for a worthy cause.
Make sure you keep us updated throughout its showings and the raffle drawing.

Julie

o

Kate, it's a beautiful quilt.
I hope you make lots of $$$s for this worthy cause.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

I would be surprised if this didn't raise a lot of money. It is beautiful!! Mary Beth's quilting is awesome, too!!

Robbi

o

An unbelievably beautiful quilt. Good luck at raising lots of funds for ALS. I really am in awe! Sigh!! maybe someday.
Best wishes, Corinne

o

Kate, it is wonderful! Mary Beth did a fabulous quilting job (as usual) - perfect designs for the spaces.

Good luck - I hope you make lots of money!

Donna

o

Absolutely gorgeous, Kate! Don't think I've ever seen any Laurel Burch locally but I love anything with sun, moon, stars. Perfect design setting for this panel and the quilting is magic!

Hope lots of $$$$ are made to help fight this devastating disease. Thank you for your beautiful contribution.

Dee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here