Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

It feels so good to have it finished

loisflan
11 years ago

Here is my Sunshine Pineapple quilt. I started it last spring, and I am so happy it's finished. It's in the dryer right now. I'm interested to see how the quilting looks after it's washed. I just quilted a 4" grid in the background and palm fronds in the border. There's some detail quilting on the pineapples and an echo around them. It was quite a project.

Comments (21)

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

So pretty! Great job

Maryv

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Beautiful!
    Theresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

It's a beauty, Lois! Excellent job! (You have my address, right?) LOL

SharonG/FLa

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! Well done. Do you get to keep this one?

• bev2009
    11 years ago

So cheerie and beautiful! Love the bold colors.

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

That is a real accomplishment!!! Like the way the colors come together and your quilting sounds perfect. You did a wonderful job and you should be proud.. TFS

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

How beautiful! I loved it when you posted it in construction and now......just wow! The color placement on the border is really nice. It sets off the center and ties in the borders without being too matchy matchy. Nice job!

Teresa

• day2day
    11 years ago

It is gorgeous!
    You did a fantastic job on this.
    Kudos to you.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• lindaoh_gw
    11 years ago

It's beautiful!
    Linda OH

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Lois, it's beautiful! Congratulations on finishing it!

Donna

• vasu_texas
    11 years ago

Lovely! So sunny and cheerful. I feel like going back to Hawaii again!
    -v

• maritime_linda
    11 years ago

Absolutely stunning! Love, love, love the brights!!

• wendyfaye
    11 years ago

Very nice! Love the colors.

• fran1523
    11 years ago

It's stunning. I love the border and all your color choices. Will this hang on the wall or be a lap quilt?

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Fran, it will probably hang in my sewing room while I'm in Minnesota. After I retire in late 2014, we hope to spend about 3 months in Hawaii each year for a while. I'll take it there then, where it might become a lap quilt or might be hung on the wall there too. We'll see. But regardless, quiltnhen, it is mine to keep.

• polardream
    11 years ago

I remember when you started this and you posted some early pictures. It turned out beautifully! Perfect to cheer you in the cold Minnesota winters and just right for Hawaii, too!
    Sue

• FlamingO in AR
    11 years ago

This is just gorgeous, love the rainbow colors and your applique skills are great!

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Lois, this labor of love is gorgeous! I like the pineapple quilting.
    You should be very proud of this keepsake.
    How is it after washing? I always hold my breath with Batiks, applique or white! Yours had all three of my scary washing elements-yikes!

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Love the colors...it's a perfect combination!Congratulations on finishing...
    V.

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, all, for your compliments and encouragement.

Marsha, I got a bit of a scare when I opened the washer mid-wash. The brightly colored batik backing was showing through the light field fabric and made it look like it had bled. But it was just fine. The applique came through perfectly too. I had washed all the fabric first, so I'm sure that helped.

I was a bit disappointed in the "hand" of the quilt after washing. It seemed kind of stiff even though I had used dryer sheets and dried it in the dryer. Ironing helped a bit. I may try fabric softener next time or dryer balls, or both.

• lola99
    11 years ago

Your quilt is stunning. I love everything about it. Congratulations on such a great finish!

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath