Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not really quilting but an honor my GS gave us

Posted by nanajayne (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 30, 11 at 20:09

Kenneth C. Clark
has officially named my Senior Thesis Project, which is student dormitories for Alfred State College, the Buchanan Hall (a.k.a. 'The Quilt): New Student Living at Alfred State College. The facade should look almost like a patchwork quilt; a symbol of the diverse collection of students intended to live there.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not really quilting but an honor my GS gave us

Jayne, Is he actually going to build something to hang on the building that resembles a patchwork quilt? He has the right idea and the thought behind it is right on!

SharonG/FL

o

Wow, tell us more. I wasn't sure if you or your grandson wrote the senior thesis. What was the subject and how did it tie in with a dormitory, achitecture, and quilting? Will there be a quilt design in bricks and mortar? This is quite fascinating and congratulations!
Jeanne

o

He will be graduating in May from Alfred with an Architectureal Degree.
As senior thesis project he had to design an original plan for a proposed a New Student living quarters at the collage. The facade is designed so "it almost looks like a patchwork quilt"; thus the name:Buchanan Hall aka "The Quilt".
It is only his thesis but these design will be entered for consideration.
I was pleased that he use us (me and my quilt influence) as the name for his project. When he was in high school he designed and made a lap size quilt with my help from a painting he had done.

o

Very impressive Jayne!!!! He appears to have your artistic genes. Keep us posted.
Rosa

o

Very very cool! What a great tribute to you! He is definitely making sure he is your favorite grandson!!!! I think you told us about his quilt from a painting he made (or am I dreaming?).
Congrats on his upcoming graduation.

o

Wonderful! Congratulations to you and to him.

o

Jayne,
That is so cool! You just never know how we influence our children (and grandkids) and what a positive impact we have. Congrats to you - and I hope his design is selected!
Sue

o

This is the Quilt he made.Kenneth's creation

o

I wasn't dreaming......I remember that quilt! and your Grandson - I was so impressed! He is going to go far. Tell him to keep following his dream.

o

Terrific! Both he and you!
Theresa

o

Thank you everyone. He does make me proud. He spent the last half of his Junior year studying in Italy which was a big thing for him. Jayne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here