Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
questionable Kona Fabric

Posted by finchelover (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 31, 11 at 19:21

I bought some black fabric from Walmart and it was a see thru fabric so I went on line and order some on line Kona fabric. It said 100% cotton. It was also labeled thus but when I got it the fabric felt more like a sstiny shine fabric. Is anyone else having problelms with fabric they are purchasing

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: questionable Kona Fabric

I have noticed some of Kona's fabrics look more polished than they used to. Didn't think to ask why, but I'm not fond of the new look.

beverly

o

Try washing it it before you cut. It might just be a new sizing they're using to make the cloth look all shiny and new on the bolt.....like we really want that look in our quilts?

Teresa

o

I do not think all the Kona labeled cotton fabric is the real"Kaufman Kona". I think places are trading off the 'Kona' wording, and we have to be vigilant if we want the real Kaufman Kona. This has been my experience, and the price isn't necessarily cheaper, so you really think you are buying Kaufman Kona (such as at Joannes).
I am curious if this may be the case.
Also, Kaufman has an Organic Cotton Kona, which may have a different sheen, as well as a Sateen cotton.

Here is a link that might be useful: Robert Kaufman Kona

o

After not being completely happy with the Kona Cotton I bought at Joannes, I usually only buy it from Hancock's of Paducah. But, I've been happy with what I've gotten from my fav quilt shop in Indiana, too.

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: HOP Kona Cotton

o

I've had the same experiences with Kona, especially the black. Now I only buy it from Hancock's of Paducah. I get the wide one because it seems to make a difference too. Nicely woven, real Kaufman Kona black is a wonderful fabric; everything similar is disappointing.

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here