Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tuppermom

CDN Fat Quarter Round Robin Guidelines

tuppermom
13 years ago

This is going to be fun!

The guidelines are as follows:

I will make up a list with the names and addresses of participants in the order that the package should be sent.

As well, I will enclose mailing labels with each participants name and address so you can simply place the correct label on the package. I will also enclose return address labels with my name and address in case something goes wrong, the post office will return it to me. I will be using one of plastic type padded envelopes for mailing and hopefully this will hold up. If not please replace it with a padded envelope, preferably the plastic type.

The package will contain 10 Fat Quarters. Some may be of the American size and some the larger Canadian size. Please make sure your FQs are at least 18x22 inches. Please take any or all of the FQs and replace with the same number as you took. They can be of any color or theme but must be good quality, 100% cotton. As well, they must be clean and free from odors.

I am aiming to mail the package out by Monday but will be having company next week so may be a day or two later.

Any questions let me know.

Happy swapping!

Mary

Comments (10)

• nannykins
    13 years ago

Hi Mary!
    I am still away but able to log on. Would it be of any value for us to send you or post here the tracking number we get when we mail parcels? Another safeguard, I guess. Looking forward to the "game".
    Theresa

• tuppermom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Theresa

I hope things are going well for you and your daughter.

yes, I did forget to mention the tracking number. When the parcel is mailed Canada Post will give you a tracking number. Please post this number here so that all players will be able to keep track of our "Robin"

I will enclose the guidlelines in the package as well.

Mary

• tuppermom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry I haven't mailed the package out yet. With my sister and her granddaughter being here (they are very emotionally needy), a winter storm (enough already!) and trying to get ready for my Guild's retreat, I haven't been able to get the package ready to go out. I promise I will get it out on Monday the 28th. I will start a new post to keep track of it's path.

Mary

• nannykins
    13 years ago

Back home now. Your comment on the winter storm had me a bit worried as I was flying in to Toronto yesterday. Fortunately all cleared up by the time we arrived from Calgary.
    Daughter is doing better. Still some tests to figure out what is wrong. But at least, she is in better spirits.

• nannykins
    13 years ago

While staying with my daughter, I decided to try this pattern. I had brought some fq's with me. I got busy cutting, going along smoothly and then discovered that the blocks have to be cut, all facing up. So I now have 26 pinwheels going in one direction and 26 in the opposite. Have to dream up a setting where I can use both. They may go into the "later" pile.
    Thanks to you for thinking (and praying) for daughter. We still do not have a diagnosis but tests are continuing.

• nannykins
    13 years ago

While staying with my daughter, I decided to try this pattern. I had brought some fq's with me. I got busy cutting, going along smoothly and then discovered that the blocks have to be cut, all facing up. So I now have 26 pinwheels going in one direction and 26 in the opposite. Have to dream up a setting where I can use both. They may go into the "later" pile.
    Thanks to you for thinking (and praying) for daughter. We still do not have a diagnosis but tests are continuing.

• nannykins
    13 years ago

Grrr!
    I was trying to start a new post but obviously am doing something wrong.

• day2day
    13 years ago

Hi.

I am wondering if the swap has started. There has been no post on this thread from Mary (tuppermom) since March 23rd. Anyone know what's happening? Have I missed a newer post?
    Thanks.

~Geraldine

• nannykins
    13 years ago

I think we are all anxiously waiting. I have some fq's ready to replace what I take.

• tuppermom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi All

Sorry for the delay getting this swap going. We had company for a week then I was away at retreat and then DH and I went away for a few days. I had very good intentions of getting this going 10 days ago. The package is ready and I will mail it out tomorrow. I guess we will call it the "April Showers" round robin swap.

Mary

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner