Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help...need to find fabric

Posted by nana_2009 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 30, 11 at 19:02

My four year old grandson wants a quilt either with skateboarders or motorcross bikes on it....does anyone know where I can find material... either a cheater print or something I can fussy cut...I have searched here in Manitoba and even eastern Ontario. I had occasion to visit a Joanns in Flint Michigan last week but could only find a print in polar fleece...good for a blanket but not a quilt...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help...need to find fabric

I think a shop we visited in Lancaster had skateboards, maybe even motorcross bikes. This shop has lots of theme fabrics - send them an email or phone them. They are very nice there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hayloft Fabrics

o

I am going to Western NY tomorrow and will visit a number of quilt shops as well as Joann Fabrics and Hobby Lobby. How much do you need?

Mary

o

I do! I do! I just completed a stack in whack using the very brightly colored skaterboarders. Perfect for fussy cut.
This is not where I bought it.
I ordered mine at equilter.com
My quilt is in the March Show and Tell post

Here is a link that might be useful: Skateboard fabric

o

Here are a few on-line sources:

http://www.keepsakequilting.com/productdetail/9654.htm
http://www.uquilt.com/fabrics_detail.asp?itemID=MMCX3008
http://www.quiltknit.com/TT8993MULTI-Rider-on-Dirt-Bikes-Quilting-Fabric-by-Timeless-Treasures-Fabrics-_p_8494.html
http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/326643

o

o

I would need about 3 yards at least...maybe even 4 yards. That way I can make a pillow sham as well. Thanks Mary...I looked all over Cambridge and Galt...Len's Mill didn'rt even have any.

o

I looked at 3 quilt shops (not much juvenile/novelty fabric at all) and 2 Joann Fabric and all I saw was the fleece. Sorry.

Mary

o

Anytime you are looking for any unusual fabric, I recommend trying equilter.com. Type what you want in the blue 'search' bar at the top of their page and I'm certain it will come up with something! Even if you don't buy it there, at least you'll know what's available.

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: eQuilter.com

o

Thanks to all for your help...Magothyrivergirl...I placed and order to Spring Lake Fabrics for the material...think I will do it in one piece and quilt around the figures...have less that two weeks to get it done as well as a butterfly quilt for his twin sister...wish me luck

o

nana- glad I could help out. The fabric is very nice & bright and you will be able to pick any of the colors to match easily for borders.
I think you could easily use it as a "panel" in the main part of the quilt & quilt around the figures to make them stand out.
Please post a picture when you finish it.

o

I will post pics of both quilts when I get them done for sure...

o

Could please help me find I Love Lucy fabric with Lucy and Ethel working at the candy factory. i would like to find the one with Luch & Ethel wearing the hats along with co-ordinates.

Thank you for your help. My daughter-in-law is sick and i wanted to make her a bag out of the fabric as she loves I Love Lucy.

Thank you
Kathy

o

Kathy, there are several different ones on ebay - some are "buy it now" and others are bid items. From the quick search - there are several different sites you can buy from but not sure which one you are wanting.
This link might help. Good luck! Sue

http://crafts.shop.ebay.com/Crafts-/14339/i.html?_nkw=i+love+lucy

o

the skateboarding material arrived today...it is fantastic.
Caleb will be so happy when he gets it...thanks for the suggestions

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here