Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Getting an early start...

Posted by lindaoh (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 5, 11 at 18:55

I belong to a small quilt group at my church that makes a baby quilt for the first baby born in the new year at our local hospital. We decided to get an early start with the quilt this year. We are taking the quick and easy way this year using a panel for the center and making simple pieced borders.

We worked on it at quilt group last Thurs, and I brought it home to add the borders. I will quilt it when we decide on fabric for the backing.

Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Next year's baby quilt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Getting an early start...

Cute!
And clever of you all to be so well prepared. Better than last minute stitching, which we have all had to deal with.

o

So, what do you do if it's twins? LOL That happened at our local hospital last year. It crossed my mind then, as the local merchants used to fete the first babe born of the year. I guess you could give them only to the first one out, lol, but that doesn't really seem fair to the next one in line who missed it by minutes.

That's a really nice blog, Linda and also a cute quilt.

o

I don't know what we'd do if it was twins. I guess they would have to share! We usually don't find out who had the first baby unless there is an article in the local newspaper.

Linda OH

o

Nice quilt....
That is sooo sweet for your group to do that !!!!!!
bopeep

o

Linda, it's so cute! Since you've gotten such an early start, you'll have to put someone in charge of remembering where it is come Jan.!

Donna

o

Linda your church has a stash??????? I love it!!!!
The quilt is gorgeous, great idea for a panel. I wish I had some quilting friends in my church.
Rosa

o

Yes, Rosa, we have a stash at the church. We have a room just for the quilt group and it has a large cabinet full of donated fabric. When we started the group, word got around and we have had people drop off fabric they no longer need. We have even had a sewing machine donated to the group. A lady called me and said she had a machine that had tension problems so she bought a new machine. I picked it up at her house and cleaned it and checked all the settings. The presser foot pressure was not set correctly. It sews like a dream now!

o

darling quilt. I love the colors. Nice idea for a baby.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here