Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Excellent customer service

Posted by mary_c (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 30, 11 at 17:39

Not affiliated, etc...

I just got some excellent customer service from a quilting notions company!

I'll try to make this short, LOL.

I bought the Martelli Zip-bind system and the Stitch-n-Ditch Binding Presser Foot, which were sold as a set through Nancy's Notions. It came a few weeks ago, but I had other things happening, so I just opened it this morning.

While I think their instructions could be better, I figured out the Zip-Bind system in just a few minutes.

Then I opened the binding foot system. I was pleased to note that they had 6 different adapters to suit nearly every brand of sewing machine, and all are included! NO extra purchase! Wonderful.

But my package had #2,2,3,4,5,6. I needed #1 for my Pfaff.
So, crap.

Instead of packing it all back up, I emailed Martelli, and suggested that rather than spending all that money back and forth with shipping, restocking, shipping a new kit from Nancy's Notions, they might consider just sending me the #1 adapter.

In less than 2 hours, they emailed back, apologized, and said the adapter is on the way.

So while I can't vouch for the binding foot just yet, I can applaud the customer service.

For some reason, the place to post links isn't showing up, so:

http://www.martellinotions.com/index.htm

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Excellent customer service

Nice to know that customer service is still out there.

o
RE: Excellent customer service

Mary - I have been doing my bindings by machine using a tiny blanket stitch on the front. They look really good, but I need to be able to stitch perfectly on the seam line where I attached the binding to the quilt. It is hard to see. I am very interested in what you have to say after you use the foot. I have a Pfaff also-and I have to move the needle position one to the right, which you cannot do once you engage the blanket stitch.

I was going to try to get to the Pfaff dealer today after taking to DH to Cardiologist, because I recall a bi-level stitch in the ditch foot avail - I think.

Please let me know how you like the tools you bought.

There is Great Customer service out there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here