Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pinapple Block Workshop - pic

Posted by magothyrivergirl (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 5, 11 at 17:16

I took a Pineapple workshop given by Nancy Bills.
She is a delightful person and a very good instructor.If you ever have the chance, take her workshop.

Since I have never made a "real" Pineapple block before, I can't compare her method, but I will say it is different than any I have read, and the results are great, as long as you measure precisely when you trim, and press-press-press!
I made the one block in the class, and the other 3 blocks at home (yikes! on my own following her instructions and my notes). Since I have no more of the fabric, this will be a table topper for my dining room table. It is perfect for under the Waterford Crystal bowl I have.
I still need to quilt & bind it. I am not sure how to quilt it. Stitch in the Ditch is out.

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Nancy Bills

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pinapple Block Workshop - pic

Marsha it is absolutely beautiful!!! Did you use 3 different fabrics? I think it is perfect for a Waterford Crystal bowl. Thanks for posting her site.
I have a crystal vase hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Rosa

o

Beautiful !!!!!!
bopeep

o

Marsha, it's lovely!

o

Oh WOW, Marsha! You did excellent!

SharonG/FL

o

I love your pineapples! You did a great job. Does she sell books/patterns or the rulers she mentions?

Donna

o

Beautiful! My friend loves this design. I haven't tried it. Maybe I'll give it a try.
darlene

o

That is stunning.

o

Love it! It's beautiful! Makes me want to do one real bad! :) I'll have to check out the link you provided, thanks!

~Cindy

o

That is lovily. Love the pattern and the fabric. You learn very well and did a beautiful job. TFS. Jayne

o

Wow - that is beautiful! I may have to add that to my list of "I wanna makes".

Let us know how you end up quilting it - I think that would be a challenge.
Sue

o

That is beautiful. The only pineapple patterns I've really looked at were paper-pieced. Yours looks just as precise.

o

That is lovely.It will look great with the crystal bowl. You did a wonderful job.
Thanks for the link. I am in the process of turning the binding on a Pineapple Blossom quilt but that's not the same pattern. I am going to check out Nancy's site.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

That is so precise it looks paper-pieced. Love the colors!

o

I love that pattern! I must add that to my to-do-list. Very pretty fabrics you used as well.

Robbi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here