Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Film At Three - Indian Hatchet / Star

Film at Three ended up being approx 54X66. It's already folded up and put away.

The other one, I don't really know the name of, but it's like an Indian Hatchet made with HST and you can also see a Shooting Star pattern there, too. At this point, it's 40X56, but I want to add borders to this one.

SharonG/FL

Comments (16)

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Neat-o, as the kids used to say. Love them both.
    Theresa

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

I like them too. Used to be I stayed away from white, but more and more often I'm drawn too it now.
    LindaB/CA

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Very nice, Sharon! Thanks for sharing!

Donna

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Love em both!!...partial to the Film at Three...great pattern and great colors in the second one.

V.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, Theresa.
    LindaB, I find myself using white more because of my sight.
    Thanks, Donna.
    Thank you, V. I had fun sewing the Film at Three....easy and fun! The second one was actually a swap on another forum years and years ago, so I made a few more to make it a little larger. When I get the borders on, I'll post another picture.....I have some darkish turquoise I'm thinking about for one of the borders. :-)

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    10 years ago

You never cease to amaze me. I don't think you ever sleep. Love both of them, but especially the Indian Hatchet / Star one.

beverly

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Sharon, you've been busy. Those are both great quilt tops. I especially like the Film at Three. Good eyes or not, you are still making wonderful quilts.

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Film at 3 is a great way to use up your scraps, but I'm sure you still have alot more. I prefer your smaller version to the original.

The Indian Hatchet is very nice -- it would make a terrific masculine quilt, esp in manly flannels. I'm going to file that one away........maybe someday............what size are your HSTs?

You are so productive and creative. You have such good quilt vision!

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

Those look great Sharon, I like them both. I like the scrappy look of the 2nd one.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, Beverly. You think the Indian Hatchet would be fun in scrappy greens with a sandy tan star? :-)
    Lois, Thank you.....I don't sew all day long, but a little bit here and there adds up. Have also been using the seam ripper more. lol
    Marsha, I'm thinking I like the smaller version better, too. And, it helps me to have some kind of order to scrappy. HST's finish at 4 inches, but you could make them any size you want! Great idea for manly flannel!
    Thank you, Sandra. I do enjoy making quilt tops!

Blue Ridge Beauty blocks are on the design board...you think there's any hope for me? lol

SharonG/FL

• jaceysgranny
    10 years ago

Very pretty. I like the Indian Hatchet/Star the best too but they are both awesome!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Finally put the borders on this today. It ended up being approx. 52X68

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Like the borders.
    Theresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, well, well......lookee here! I just don't get where 'Cumberland' came from. Oh well......that was fun!

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Jayne's Cumberland Quilt

• calliope
    10 years ago

I'm a sucker for the jeweltones and whites. Love the second one, and also Sharon's Cumberland quilt.

• bev2009
    10 years ago

I love the colors of the Indian Hatchet and the borders make it perfect. The first one is lovely too.