Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msmeow

10 Minute Table Runner

msmeow
12 years ago

I got this cute little kit at the quilt show I just attended. They call this version a 5 minute table runner, probably because it only uses half the WOF and makes a small runner. It's 21" long and 7" wide.

It actually took me 15 minutes, but that included pressing the fabric, searching for 2 buttons that matched, and sewing them on by hand.

It's really cute, and I think I'll make some for our next quilt show boutique!

You can get the pattern at the link below.

Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: 10 minute runner

Comments (18)

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Donna~really cute! I think it would be very cute and would sell using specialty themed fabric - juvenile, baby print - and holiday fabric especially the small size. Cute and affordable.
    Thank you!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Wouldn't that be a great project to practice free motion?

SharonG/FL

• day2day
    12 years ago

That's a quick/easy project that would make a nice finished product.

Thanks for the link.

~Geraldine

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

The print fabric you used is gorgeous!!! It glows!

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

Gorgeous!! thanks for the pattern.
    Rosa

• missflippins
    12 years ago

Very nice!! I really like it and love your fabric. Thanks so much for the link. It's always nice to have a quick easy project.
    Best wishes, Corinne

• barbara_l
    12 years ago

I have done this pattern a number of times. Each time I find something different to add when I make it. The recent holiday thing I came up with was to use a decorative stitch along the line where the borders are seamed together. (do this before you make the point section). This helps to hold the fabric in place (especially with frequent washing) and when using seasonal fabric - this adds an extra decorative touch to it.

I have made 2 or 3 identical ones to use on a dining room table laying them across the short length side. Makes a different impact. This uses more fabric over all, but looks nice -- expecially for holidays.

The pattern has lots of options plus very easy and fun to make with the many interesting fabric available.

• luvtosharedivs
    12 years ago

Vibrant colors, Donna!

I've made that pattern before, but it was called a 15-minute table runner, and the measurements were bigger. It's so much fun to have a reversible runner.

Julie

• msmeow
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Barbara, those are some good ideas. I was thinking they could easily be made for different holidays and stuff, and now I'm just thinking for the boutique I could make sets...holidays, seasons, etc.

Donna

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

That's very pretty and looks easy.Makes nice runners for the coffee table.
    Kathi

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Wold you ever use batting or something like that to make them more substantial? I just made three this morning and they seem a tad flimsy.
    I was in a "Floral Phase" a few years ago and bought lots of different prints. This seemed like a good way to use some of them up.
    Theresa

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Theresa,
    I always use batting in my table runners!

• msmeow
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Theresa, I usually use batting, too. This one doesn't have any, though. I have it on my night stand and the points hang over the sides so no batting is good in that case!

I think you could either layer the batting with the fabrics when you sew or slip a piece inside after you turn it and it would work. I'll have to try it.

Donna

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

Love the bright blue!! Very pretty.

Robbi

• loralee
    11 years ago

Beautiful colors. And nice work.

• Kristene Smith
    11 years ago

Thanks for the link to this easy pattern. Always great to have something fast and easy to make for unexpected gifts. I like the idea of making seasonal runners and then adding embroidery or applique to embellish the basic design.

Kristene

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Would using a light weight interfacing work for this? ~ Not necessarily a fusible-just something to give it a little body.

• msmeow
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Marsha, I think it would. Can't hurt to try! :)

Donna

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022