Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

Cape Cod Baby

loisflan
12 years ago

I just finished the binding! Yippee! I debated whether or not do have my LAQ custom quilt this or put an overall pattern on it. I opted for the pattern so that the appliques would be secured for what I assume will be many washings. We chose a wave, or more like a splash, pattern and we found the perfect aqua match in thread. I'm really happy with the results. Now I have to wait until September for our little grandchild.

I'm not very happy with the photos. They don't do the quilt justice.

Comments (24)

• nannykins
    12 years ago

Well done!
    Good choice of quilting pattern. And I love the colours.
    Theresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

That's really cute, Lois. I know how excited you must be and can hardly wait til September.....which is a very good month to have a birthday. @:)

SharonG/FL

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

that's so cute. I love the colors and quilting. Great choice of pattern and fabric. I can see what you mean about the color. They are different between the first and other pictures. Is the aqua in the second more like real?

• new2quilting
    12 years ago

I love everything, pattern, fabric and quilting. Lucky baby!

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Very cute! The quilting pattern is perfect for the quilt design.

Donna

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I love it all! This could not be cuter and you did a great job on it. Excellent!

Kate

• vicky4x4
    12 years ago

SO CUTE!!!!

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Very nice. Love the fabrics and color. They blend beautifully. Your little grandbaby will charish it as you will them. I agree nice people are born in Sept..

• User
    12 years ago

So cute! Make sure you post a picture of the quilt with the baby for us.

• day2day
    12 years ago

Loisf, the quilt is adorable.
    I like the 'splash' quilting.
    The grandbaby will love it.

~Geraldine

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

Adorable!! The quilting you chose is perfect, too. It will be treasured, for sure.

Robbi

• luvtosharedivs
    12 years ago

Absolutely adorable, Lois!

I like the boat patterns, every one different from the other, but using some of the same fabrics more than once ties it all together. You must've had so much fun constructing the appliques.

Love the splashed quilting.

Julie

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Wonderful! Great pattern, lovely fabrics, wonderful quilting! I love it all! Well done!

Teresa

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Do you remember the print name or even the manufacturer of the aqua border fabric? The one with the tiny bunnies in the design? It's adorable.

• karpet
    12 years ago

That is really cute!
    Karlene

• loisflan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kate, it's part of the Lily & Will line by Bunny Hill Designs for Moda Fabrics. I can still get it at a local quilt shop if you can't find it on-line. Lois

• missflippins
    12 years ago

A Gorgeous quilt beautifully done! It looks absolutely perfect and the quilting is to die for!
    Best wishes, Corinne

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

The quilting is perfect and you made a wise choice to select an all over pattern. Not only will it help with the durability, but the the even distribution of stitching doesn't take away from the appliqued sailboats. It will be soft and cuddly for years to come.

I have been washing my quilts in Dreft baby detergent (formulated for HE machines) with very good results.

How many baby quilts can you make between now and September?
    Congrats on the upcoming G'baby!

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

I hit send to early - I also wanted to say -
    I love it and it turned out spectacular!!!

• faintheart
    12 years ago

Lovely quilt, Lois!

Dee

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

I love it! I usually don't quilt over the applique but this one makes the boats and the whale look like they are floating!
    Rosa

• lola99
    12 years ago

I love your quilt. I think it strikes the perfect balance between appealing to a child and an adult!

• fran1523
    12 years ago

That's precious. I love it. The colors, design and quilting are all perfect.

• loisflan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for your kind comments. The color is aqua, toolgranny, like in the last two photos. Now I have to wait to attach a label until the baby has a name. What do you do when you give a quilt as a shower gift before the baby is born?

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!