Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Countdown to Lancaster....

Posted by teresa_nc7 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 16:16

Whoopeee! It's T minus 30-some hours and counting before our group leaves for PA, the AQS Quilt Show, and our favorite shops! I'm really looking forward to this trip this year, I've got 3 projects to buy for and we always get inspired by the show.

I need to get away from my work, this desk, my house, my dog, etc. and just......get away!

Anyone else going to Lancaster this weekend?

Teresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Countdown to Lancaster....

So wish I could go. Health reasons prevent me from going and I would really love it. Colleen

o

Sadly, I've never been there, but some day I would like to.

SharonG/FL

o

Have a great time, Teresa! I am sure you will find some fabulous buys and we will all be a little green with envy!
Sue

o

Lancaster Show is on my Bucket List. Pictures....we need lots of pictures!

Have a great time Teresa!

Maryv

o

I would love to go too! Maybe some day...
Linda OH

o

+Will be thinking about you... Love that place. May stop on our way to Mertle Beach next mo...
Gave some though to the Quilt show but I am sure it is difficult to get lodging at that time without long term planning. Have fun and find lots of fabric and take lots of pictures.

o

Jayne, I usually get our reservations made in July before the March show. They may or may not still have a policy at the Hampton Inn that prohibits reservations made prior to 9 months out.

Teresa

o

Say "HI" to my friend, Penni, at Cabin in the Woods (patterns/books).

Wish I could go, but have 2 girl scout events this weekend. Maybe some day!

Have fuN!

o

I'm so envious. I've always wanted to do this, as you know. We always talk about this trip at retreat. Some day.

I'm off to Europe on the 24th and I bet I have a hard time finding any quilt shops or at least shops to compare. Oh well. I'll be home two weeks later and can get back to the sewing.

o

Enjoy your trip...Kate, Marsha and another friend of mine, Mary who hasn't joined our web group..yet..., went two years ago and last year I went with Mary. We had a blast and got great Buys. You have got to go through the little towns in the area...look for the black 30's pick up truck filled w/ batiks...you cannot miss it. If I remember correctly it's in Intercourse PA.
I can't go this year...oh darn, but I know you'll have fun.
Enjoy!
V.

o

So.....we returned home last night, traveling through snow showers, sleet, and rain but gratefully, we didn't have any problems driving in the weather. Some of us didn't get the sleep we needed, some of us ate too much at our delicious dinners dining out, some of us spent too much money on fabrics - but we had a great time.

Per the usual, I left my camera back in the room when we went to the show, but I've added a link to the AQS site with a slideshow of the winners.

Teresa

Here is a link that might be useful: AQS Lancaster show winners

o
My favorite quilt!

The fabulous "Santa's Loading Dock" quilt was in an author's exhibit and was my favorite quilt I saw at the show. This quilt has an abundance of amazing applique and is so charming.

Teresa

Here is a link that might be useful: images and slideshow of Santa's Loading Dock

o

Teresa, thanks for the link! It looks like applique, especially Baltimore album-style, is really popular right now.

Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here