Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm still Twisting!

Posted by lindaoh (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 12, 11 at 15:53

I used the leftover fabric from the Twister quilt that I made last week to make a smaller version today. I have both sizes of the Twister template and the smaller size was the right size to use with the leftover fabric. It was a little tricky and I had to even up each block after I had cut it but it worked!
The leftovers were 3 1/2. The pattern calls for 5 inch squares but I was determined to make it work. I will use the smaller version as a wall hanging in my sewing room.
Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Little Twister!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm still Twisting!

That's cute.Great way to use the leftovers.
How difficult did you find working with all the bias edges? No matter how gentle I am with bias edge blocks, I still get too much stretch. It's a bit frustrating. Are there tips/hints for reducing the stretch?
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Oh my, Linda has become addicted!!!!

o

Great way to use up the leftover fabric, Linda! Do you listen to Chubby Checkers while you sew? lol

SharonG/FL
aka-rbc

o

Linda,
NICE! I think the "twisters" are so clever.
Sue

o

Sharon, I think there would be even more twisting in the quilt if I listened to Chubby Checkers while quilting. LOL
Barbara, I know I am addicted. I started another quilt from a layer cake yesterday.
Today, I took the little 1 3/4 " leftover squares and made a mini quilt. It's 11 1/2 inches made of 1 1/4" squares and borders. I'll post a picture later.
Linda OH

o
make your own Twister template

Here are a few sites to making your own Twister template. Hope you enjoy them!
Gwen

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/blogs/thebronwen/archive/2011/03/09/twister-quilt-part-1.aspx

this is one version with shashing: http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/03/pinwheel-twist.html

http://yarn-or-fabric.weebly.com/how-to-make-an-acrylic-quilt-template.html

Here is a link that might be useful: a blog of info

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here